1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

HistorX GTTC-A1 @ Primring - Thu 19th March 2015

Discussion in 'rFactor Racing Club & Leagues' started by Quas, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Quas

Quas
    Staff Premium Member

prim3.jpg
    Server name:
    RACEDEPARTMENT.COM HistorX
    Class /Cars: GTTC A1
    Alfa Romeo 1600 GTA '65 '66
    Alpine Renault A110 1600s '70
    Austin Mini Cooper S 1275 '65 '66
    Austin Mini Cooper S 1310 '65
    Fiat Abarth 1000TC '65 '66
    Fiat Abarth 1000TCR '70
    Ford Lotus Cortina '66
    Jaguar Mark II 3.8 '65
    Lotus Elan 26R '65
    Lotus Elite '59 '61 '63
    Lotus Ford Cortina '65
    Renault 8 Gordini GR2 '67
    Simca Rallye 2 1300 '73
    Simca Rallye 2 1300 GR2 '75
    Simca Rallye 3 1300 '78

Track: Primring GP 3.690 Km ( Download )
    Unpack the Mega download file and place the Locations folder of rfactor where the .exe sits
    HistorX\rFactor\GameData\Locations
    [​IMG]

Pit box allocation: (Download)
    As you may of see through the week the pit boxes were shared with this download this will sort out the problem back up you original as you will you need it to get on regular server.
    To install unpack and drop into you main rfactor/HistorX folder were the exe sits.

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Race 1: Primring GP 3.690 Km
    practice start time:
    GMT 20:00 (20 mins)
    Qualification start time: GMT 20:20 10 mins free laps
    Race start time: GMT 20:30 (13 laps)
    ----------------------- change car please ---------------------------------
    Race 2: Primring GP 3.690 Km
    Practice start time:
    GMT 21:00 (10 mins)
    Qualification start time: GMT 21:10 10 mins free laps
    Race start time: GMT 21:20 (13 laps)

Note 1: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
    Note 2: Over the week you will need to drive any car you want for each race.
    pick a car and drive with friends
    Note 3: To sign up, Tag me like this - @@Yves Larose or @@Jarek Kostowski Yes please
    this way we wont miss your sign up:)

Racedepartment Calendar:Click here
    Server password:Click here
    Racing rules:Click here

Entry List:
    1. Jarek Kostowski
    2. Hans Sneep
    3. Yves Larose
    4. Sven-Arne Andersson
    5. Anders Nilsson (Maybe)
    6. Roy Magnes
    7. Ole Marius Myrvold
    8. Roland Warmenhoven
    9. Denis Betty
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    Rules:
    This is being held in our Club, using GTL Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.
    And it is not Touring cars !!!
    For info on HistorX 1.96 click below
    HistorX Mod Version 1.96
    HistorX Hints and Tips
    You can use the this to sign up with if you like just copy and paste

[​IMG]
    If you need to sign out we have that covered as well

[​IMG]

UTP#7

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  2. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

3. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

i'll be there ;)

4. Sven-Arne Andersson

Sven-Arne Andersson
    Premium Member

[​IMG]

5. Quas

Quas
    Staff Premium Member

The air is a bit thin here tonight, come on gentlemen, there's nothing on tv anyway.
    I'll be running an Alfa and depending on the quickness competition, the fat Jag might get a shot :).

6. Anders Nilsson

Anders Nilsson
    Premium Member

il try to be there :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Roy Magnes

Roy Magnes
    Gentleman Driver Staff

• Like Like x 1
  8. Roland

Roland
    Premium Member

@Jarek Kostowski
    [​IMG] For Race 1.. I think I found a fix for my game freeze and I'm dying to try if it works online as well:cautious:

9. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Monkey's B Staff Premium Member

10. Roland

Roland
    Premium Member

Boy, that was pretty embarrassing!:cry: Being by far the slowest guy on track, in supposedly the fastest car of them all... now I feel :sick:. Especially since the rest of the field seemed greatly balanced, with the :alien:s driving the Jags.

Only upside is that at least I seem to have solved my race-start game freezing issues, but obviously that didn't really help tonight:D

Since finding enough time to properly prepare for these races isn't gonna happen anytime soon (unless I lose my job, or my wife files for divorce, or both:D, which in either case leaves me with no PC to race:roflmao:) I need to figure out some other way to improve..:unsure:

Thx Jarek for the event, and all for racing!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Roy Magnes

Roy Magnes
    Gentleman Driver Staff

Huge appologies @Yves Larose - I came in way to fast behind you in race 2! :notworthy::notworthy:

12. Roy Magnes

Roy Magnes
    Gentleman Driver Staff

This is the first 2 laps of the first race today with @Ole Marius Myrvold and myself really battling it out! Highly enjoyable driving tonight!

• Like Like x 4
  13. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ouch, that was on the limit. It looks worse than it was though! Full control!

14. Anders Nilsson

Anders Nilsson
    Premium Member

two bloody fun races :) now i´m nackered thanks all :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Allan Ramsbottom

Allan Ramsbottom
    i canny increase the speed captain.. Premium Member

sorry guys,trouble during a bit of practice in afternoon, game kept freezing and getting a lot of "connection lost", so did,nt want to risk it and cause hassle for anyone..

16. Quas

Quas
    Staff Premium Member

Race one was already good fun but R2, oh man.
    The (what was it, 11 laps?) battle with Ole & Anders was crazy good racing, Ole buzzing around me in the tiny Abarth using every occasion to get on my insides, outsides, upsides and downsides in corners. I think everybody was reading the open letter thread and longing for some door to door action :D.
    After a little incident it was between Me & Denis for the last 3 laps. I was glued to his bumper but being aware i got barely three laps left and the guy in front of me is running the best race of his life (;)) i started overdriving my Alfa, losing occasion after occasion to attack on exits through tiny drifts.
    Denis kept it together like a surgeon and brought it home, grats mate, fastest you've ever been i think :thumbsup:.
    Thanks for racing boys & girls.

@Roland just keep clocking laps with us and you'll learn your away around the cars, you got a bit of catching up to do as pretty much all of us improved quite a bit throughout last years racing here.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jack Smith

Jack Smith
    Premium Member

Video..... looked like a great battle going on.. I was removing snow again for the last two days...once again a snow storm with high winds, blowing snow, and low temperatures. Totally exhausted. To day ... started about 2:00 pm and never finished until about 6:30 pm local.

18. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

I had to try to keep you guys behind me, even though my car was down on power ^^, It was pretty hard racing, but fair! Well, almost. I managed to punt Denis and Anders in T1. Anders also spun because of it, so that wasn't too nice :/

I hope to be able to bring out the Mini once more on Sunday, try to get it to last the whole race!

19. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Monkey's B Staff Premium Member

Thanks Jarek, it felt like the best race/driving I've ever done. That's weird because I really struggled on Tuesday in the Alpha & TCR. I also had a few laps (really not that many) practice in the Elan for R1 and none in any other car. I thought the Alpine would be quick so I chose that for P2 but wasn't anywhere near the pace.
    In desperation really, I did something really dumb and changed to the Lotus Cortina for qually. I had zero laps in it and loaded an old set from Yves for some other track, changed a few things on a whim and went for it.
    When Yves & Jarek DQ'd I was completely stunned to find myself on pole.
    I think Roy got the drop on me at the start and Ole soon got by me. Ole went up the inside in t3 (I think) and in my efforts to leave room I ran wide. I saw in the replay that I came back on in front of Yves and when he slowed to miss me, he got a tap from behind and spun. Sorry Yves. I also saw on the replay that I regained P1 with a massive divebomb. Sorry to Roy & Ole for that.
    The rest of the race is a blur of shaking, sweating and running like hell, whilst the other three held each other up in a great battle which I was trying to ignore in my mirrors.
    Having watched the replay, I can see the gulf in class between my driving and that of the 3 guys behind, but, as I always say, I guess a win is a win and I really enjoyed it.
    Thanks guys and thanks to Jarek, Yves and RD for putting this on. :)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Roland

Roland
    Premium Member

Thanks Jarek, I let my frustration over my less than stellar performance get the better of me I guess, sorry 'bout that:redface:. I know there are no shortcuts towards being competitive, and sometimes the fact that I can hardly find any time to practice gets to me:mad:
    I'll just keep trying though:laugh:

• Like Like x 2