1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

EU HistorX GTTC-A1 @ Mid Ohio - Thursday 1st December 2016

Discussion in 'rFactor Racing Club & Leagues' started by Denis Betty, Nov 25, 2016.

Added to Calendar: 01-12-16
  1. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Monkey's B Staff Premium Member

A1 MidOhio 2.jpg A1 MidOhio 2.jpg
    If you are a fan of oldschool racing with vintage cars from the 50's, 60's and 70's this is the club race to join.
    All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!
    Join us
    Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Server Name:
    RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
    Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
    Racing Club Rules: click here

Cars:
    GTTC-A1
    Specs for all of the cars in the mod are available HERE

Track: Mid Ohio (With chicane)

Pit box allocation: Download

Race 1
    Practice start time:
    GMT 19:00 (20 mins)
    Qualification start time: GMT 19:20 (10 mins free laps)
    Race start time: GMT 19:35 (12 laps)

Race 2
    practice start time:
    GMT 20:00 (20 mins)
    Qualification start time: GMT 20:20 (10 mins free laps)
    Race start time: GMT 20:35 (12 laps)

Entry List
    1. Denis Betty
    2. Hans Sneep
    3. Luca Bernacchini
    4. Jack Smith
    5. Nuno Rodrigues
    6. Yves Larose (maybe)
    7. Allan Ramsbottom
    8. Knut Omdal Tvieto
    9. Roland
    10. Free slot
    11. Free slot
    12. Free slot
    13. Free slot
    14. Free slot
    15. Free slot
    16. Free slot
    17. Free slot
    18. Free slot
    19. Free slot
    20. Free slot
    21. Free slot
    22. Free slot
    23. Free slot
    24. Free slot
    25. Free slot
    26. Free slot
    27. Free slot
    28. Free slot
    29. Free slot
    30. Free slot
    UTP #27

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016 at 18:55
  2. Denis Betty

Denis Betty

Please remember, the focus of club events here at RD is FUN. It's not all about winning, so don't feel you have to go with the fastest available car for each race. There are plenty of great cars in this class, so let's mix it up a little and drive something that may not be an obvious first choice. Please do your best to join us on TeamSpeak and help to build a little community spirit!

3. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. Luca Bernacchini

Luca Bernacchini
    Premium Member

[​IMG]

Can I stay with the Simca or I have to change it ?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

You can definitely change it around, Luca :thumbsup:

6. Jack Smith

Jack Smith
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. Denis Betty

Denis Betty

It's open class, so choose a different car for each race of the week please guys. :thumbsup:

8. Nuno Rodrigues

Nuno Rodrigues
    Premium Member

01 December not a work day for me. sign me up please.

Two things:
    - why not another format to incentivate using "slower" cars? Wich format? a different car available per day (tuesday, thursday, sunday). This way we will race all with same car (thats more close racing so i believe) and no choice to choose car more faster then others. Just my sugestion.
    - other thing: anyone knows where i can buy G27 pedal potenciometer parts? my cluch is broken.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Denis Betty

Denis Betty

Hi Nuno, thank you for your suggestion. We do sometimes run single model events and yes, some people prefer them and yes, it often leads to close racing. The thing is, we like to try to offer a range of different events. In this way, we can provide something for everyone (hopefully). The idea behind open class events (such as this one), is that people take a variety of different cars on the same night. That way, cars with different characteristics can show their strengths in different areas of the track - hopefully adding to the fun. My challenge to quicker drivers, was really to encourage them to get involved in close racing with people they normally leave well behind them. It's just about bringing the field closer together, so that we can all have more fun really.

I looked into buying replacement pots for my G27. There was one company selling them, but they mysteriously dissapeared off the radar, some years ago. Anyway, I bought a hall sensor kit from Simulaje http://www.simulaje.com/productos/accesorios/sensor-hall.html.
    I can't tell you if they are any good because I have a T500 now, so I never fitted them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

@Denis Betty

i'm a maybe for this one, i have shopping to do and i don't know if i'll be back in time.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Allan Ramsbottom

Allan Ramsbottom
    i canny increase the speed captain.. Premium Member

@Denis Betty Im in plzzzzz,
    but not sure i can make Sun so im gunna go with 2 quickies...Be rude not to..:);):thumbsup:

• Sad Sad x 1
  12. Denis Betty

Denis Betty

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Well, as I will say to everyone, run what you like, so long as you don't take the same car twice. Trouble is mate, once one of the quick guys breaks rank.....
    Oh well, it was a nice dream. :rolleyes:

Edit: Oops, late night post.... tired & emotional. Sorry Alan.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016 at 10:19
  13. Allan Ramsbottom

Allan Ramsbottom

i took a slow 1 an most went for quite quick 1,s, plus getting knocked off,them not waiting u cant catch up.:cry:

14. Jack Smith

Jack Smith
    Premium Member

Got to go as a maybe again @Denis Betty . Another doctor appointment date for my brother was changed twice in the last two days and is now back to Thursday....will try to get home in time for both races.

15. Denis Betty

Denis Betty

OK, well I will take Fiat TC '65 & Cooper S 1275. :inlove:

16. Luca Bernacchini

Luca Bernacchini
    Premium Member

Oops. sorry. I used Simca'75 for both races. I'm use to start practice about one hour before the race and I'm in trouble with two cars.

So, if I have to declare my cars for tonight:
    1000TC '66
    Simca 3 '78

Then sunday: Elite and Simca 2 '73

I like both cases: single car and open choice. I think open choice works better with big grids. Depending by the tracks, battles with very different cars could be very funny as it was last night with Roland's Jaguar and my Simca '75.

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Not what I recall of the field makeup if I'm being honest.

I don't remember any Cortinas, Elans or Alpines...I saw a couple of Alfas in R2, but I don't remember any in R1. 2 TCR's and 1 Mini for top 3, Stig drove past nigh on everyone on the straights in his Jag for 4th (?), which left me & Luca as next cabs off the rank in a pretty good race for 5th & 6th (iirc) in our Simcas...not exactly top fuel dragsters.

You yourself said you were taking a Jag & Mini 1310 as "slow" choices, and both the Mini (1275 iirc) and the Jag were right up the sharp end of the curtailed field, ie without the 4 proper quicky vehicles.

I mean, it doesn't actually matter that much in the greater scheme of things, but I just don't recognise the imbalance you're referring to.

Anyway, I'm going Gordini Gr2 tonight, possibly with a side salad of Rallye 3...

Oh, and sign ups pls :thumbsup:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016 at 12:21
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Allan Ramsbottom

Allan Ramsbottom

yes i said i would go jag,but then peeps saying its not that slow i changed, to a simca,and then seen fast guys in TCR,s Jags,even the mini,it blows it all out..

19. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

OK.....but again I don't necessarily agree with your premise.

You took a slower car to race with some different people (presumably, as that's what Denis was after), ergo, mission accomplished, isn't it?

20. Denis Betty

Denis Betty

Oh dear, I didn't mean to stir things up, sorry guys. My challenge was intended to increase fun, build trust and enhance the friendly spirit. :roflmao:
    Listen guys, some of us will declare our cars and try to get a matchup for a close race mid pack.
    As Luca says, it can be fun racing different cars. But a race is a race and the object (if we're honest) is to finish first. I totally understand that. So if you wanna pull out all the stops and go for the win, then OC that's fine too. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1