1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

HistorX GTTC-A1 @ Brands Hatch GP - Thu 16th October 2014

Discussion in 'rFactor Racing Club & Leagues' started by Yves Larose, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

[​IMG]

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM HistorX
    Class /Cars: GTTC A1
    Alfa Romeo 1600 GTA '65 '66
    Alpine Renault A110 1600s '70
    Austin Mini Cooper S 1275 '65 '66
    Austin Mini Cooper S 1310 '65
    Fiat Abarth 1000TC '65 '66
    Fiat Abarth 1000TCR '70
    Ford Lotus Cortina '66
    Jaguar Mark II 3.8 '65
    Lotus Elan 26R '65
    Lotus Elite '59 '61 '63
    Lotus Ford Cortina '65
    Renault 8 Gordini GR2 '67
    Simca Rallye 2 1300 '73
    Simca Rallye 2 1300 GR2 '75
    Simca Rallye 3 1300 '78

Track: Brands Hatch GP 4.265 Km ( Download )
    Unpack the Mega download file and place the Locations folder of rfactor where the .exe sits
    HistorX\rFactor\GameData\Locations
    [​IMG]

Pit box allocation: (Download)
    As you may of see through the week the pit boxes were shared with this download this will sort out the problem back up you original as you will you need it to get on regular server.
    To install unpack and drop into you main rfactor/HistorX folder were the exe sits.

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Race 1: Brands Hatch GP 4.265 Km
    practice start time:
    GMT 19:00 (20 mins)
    Qualification start time: GMT 19:20 10 mins free laps
    Race start time: GMT 19:30 (12 laps)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Race 2: Brands Hatch GP 4.265 Km
    Practice start time:
    GMT 20:00 (10 mins)
    Qualification start time: GMT 20:10 10 mins free laps
    Race start time: GMT 20:20 (12 laps)

Note 1: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
    Note 2: Over the week you will need to drive any car you want for each race.
    pick a car and drive with freinds
    Note 3: To sign up, Tag me like this - @@Yves Larose or @@Jarek Kostowski Yes please
    this way we wont miss your sign up:)

Racedepartment Calendar:Click here
    Server password:Click here
    Racing rules:Click here

Entry List:
    1. Yves Larose
    2. Jarek Kostowski
    3. Srinath Sundareswaran
    4. Hans Sneep
    5. Jack Smith
    6. Denis Betty
    7. Allan Ramsbottom
    8. Stig Bidstrup
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    Rules:
    This is being held in our Club, using GTL Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.
    And it is not Touring cars !!!
    For info on HistorX 1.96 click below
    HistorX Mod Version 1.96
    HistorX Hints and Tips
    You can use the this to sign up with if you like just copy and paste

[​IMG]
    If you need to sign out we have that covered as well

[​IMG]

UTP#16

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2014
  2. Sri Sri

Sri Sri
    Premium Member

[​IMG]

3. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

4. Stig Bidstrup

Stig Bidstrup
    Blip ! The Throttle Premium Member

Hi
    Brands Hatch video 14-10 HD1080p
    Race 1+2 Casual mixed Live onboard +Replay file (turn UP the VOLUME for this one)

Stig Bidstrup

• Like Like x 4
  5. Jack Smith

Jack Smith
    Premium Member

6. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Monkey's B Staff Premium Member

7. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

Do you mind telling me why you no longer use the GTL game for these races. Cheers

8. Quas

Quas
    Staff Premium Member

I might be the wrong person to answer this, as i have only bought GTL when this mod came out to be able to install it and haven't put nearly as many hours into GTL as most of the other gentlemen in this club.
    But i can tell you why i prefer HGTTC over GTL:
    • First and most of all, i love the physics. The cars in GTL never felt right to me, HGTTC cars slide & lean a lot more and feel a lot more like the raw old cars that they are. I own most of the old & new sims and if i had too choose 10 favourite simcars out of them all, there would be probably 6 or 7 HGTTC cars among them :D. Also, they look fantastic in motion from TV cam.
    • Sounds are a lot better, i'm no audio expert and i heard people criticizing the samples as being "dirty" (when comparing to Power & Glory or GTL) but to me the HGTTC cars are pure eargasm, raw, loud and appropriate. A V8 sounds like a V8 and you can tell there will be a 911 coming around the corner before seeing it.
    • Graphics are a bit better too, tbh i don't remember if GTL looked much worse, probably not. But i know it does look a bit better, plus HGTTC runs as standalone with higher framerates than anything else i have tried on rFactor.
    • Huge choice of tracks, many in high quality.
    • I think since it's rFactor based the netcode might be better too, not sure though.
    • The HistorX guys are constantly improving it, adding new skins & cars and improving others. Last update was a bit more than half a year ago. They are working on bringing it to a new platform also (probably AC or rF2), but i sure hope we might see another update for the good old rF1 version, as this is a real gem and who knows what the future brings.
    I'm a bit of a HGTTC fanboy but apparently not the only one who thinks this has some advantages over GTL as it seems we get mostly positive reactions from people trying HGTTC for the first time, with some exceptions obviously.
    I don't want to speak for Rupe, but i think i remember him saying the the future potential of moving vintage racing to newer sims was one of the main reasons of favouring HGTTC.
    Give it a try, the mod is free if you own GTL & rFactor.
    You have to be a bit of a low grip enthusiast though, AC's GT3 cars these are not :D;).

Edit: BTW, Reiza/rF physics guru Niels Heusinkveld has made the physics for some cars in this mod and helped on some others. @Jim Brailsford basically if you enjoy the Opalas in GSCE, there's a good chance you might enjoy this. Although it is a tiny bit harder, plus you got to watch engine temps & revs.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  9. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

I own GTL but not R factor so to play this mod, i need to buy rf1?

10. Allan Ramsbottom

Allan Ramsbottom
    i canny increase the speed captain.. Premium Member

11. Quas

Quas
    Staff Premium Member

Yes, this is a mod for rF1 (preferably standalone on a rFLite install) with a GTL disc (or digital download) check so you need to own both.

12. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

Sorry why do I need to own both?

13. Quas

Quas
    Staff Premium Member

Most cars in HGTTC are models from GTL, that's why they implemented a GTL cd check so Simbin would tolerate the mod ;).

14. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

I see i have GTL on steam

15. Quas

Quas
    Staff Premium Member

It works with the steam version too, although i have seen people with steam versions having trouble on the official forums. But the ones that posted got PM's by Rantam (HistorX team) with a solution, so if it doesn't work right away you might have to ask for help.

16. Stig Bidstrup

Stig Bidstrup
    Blip ! The Throttle Premium Member

[​IMG]

17. Peter Stokman

Peter Stokman
    Premium Member

works perfect with steam i have GTL also on steam just watch on install when the mod asks what you have its easy

18. Sri Sri

Sri Sri
    Premium Member

I have GTL through steam too...it works flawlessly :thumbsup:

19. Peter Stokman

Peter Stokman
    Premium Member

iam not driving today still dont have my steering working fine its not fun drive like this looking everywhere for config for csw wheel on rf1 it works on rf2 but thats a other file not config.ini so not transferable :mad: