1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

HistorX GTTC A0 @Donington Park- Sun 6th April 2014

Discussion in 'rFactor Racing Club & Leagues' started by Rupe Wilson, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Please Note this is for rFactor 1

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM HistorX
    Class /Cars: GTTC A0
    Austin Healey sprite, Alpine A110 1100, Fiat Abarth 850, Mini Cooper S 1071, Mini Cooper S 970, Mini Cooper S 998, Renault 8 Gordini 1100, Renault 8 Gordini 1300, Simca Corsa SS, Simca Corsa 6

Track:
    Donington Park ( Download )
    [​IMG]
    See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Race 1: Donington Park National 3.149km
    practice start time
    :
    GMT 19:00 (20 mins)
    Qualification start time: GMT 19:20 free laps
    Race start time: GMT 19:30 (13 laps)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Race 2: Donington Patk GP 4.020km
    Practice start time
    :
    GMT 19:55 (20 mins)
    Qualification start time: GMT 20:15 Free laps
    Race start time: GMT 20:25 (13 laps)

Note 1: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
    Note 2: Cars available: Fiat Abarth 850, Mini Cooper S 1071, Mini Cooper S 970, Mini Cooper S 998, Renault 8 Gordini 1100, Renault 8 Gordini 1300, Simca Corsa SS, Simca Corsa
    Note 3: Over the week you will need to drive a different car for each race.
    Note 4: To sign up, Tag me like this - @Rupe Wilson Yes please
    this way i wont miss your sign up:)

Server password: Click here
    Racing rules: Click here

Entry List:
    1. Rupe Wilson
    2. Yves Larose
    3. Hans Sneep
    4. Simon Bacon
    5. Jarek Kostowski
    6. Steve Walker
    7. Hiroshi Awazu
    8. Allan Ramsbottom
    9. Tim Ling
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver

Rules:
    This is being held in our Club, using GTL Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.
    And it is not Touring cars !!!
    For info on HistorX 1.96 click me

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  2. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

3. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

4. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

5. Simon Bacon

Simon Bacon
    Premium Member

@Rupe Wilson Just installing this morning. Time for practice and sign me up for Sunday please.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Hi Simon, just shout if you run into any problems.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Quas

Quas
    Staff Premium Member

8. Steven Walker

Steven Walker
    Slowly getting better!

I'm in using the Mincing Granny again. :D

• Haha Haha x 1
  9. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

@Rupe Wilson, I'll be there.

I'm gonna go with the Mini Cooper S 970 & 998

Austin Healey sprite, Alpine A110 1100, Fiat Abarth 850,Mini Cooper S 1071, Mini Cooper S 970, Mini Cooper S 998, Renault 8 Gordini 1100, Renault 8 Gordini 1300, Simca Corsa SS, Simca Corsa 6

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  10. I've tried installing this track several times and it always hangs on loading.

Curious thing is there are 4 subfolders in this mod with each track twice - one with -AC added on to the folder name. Only the non AC folders show up in the game. Should the -AC subfolders be deleted?

Should all the files from this MOD be in the Donnington folder? Or should the ones not in the subfolders be in the Location folder?

11. Steven Walker

Steven Walker
    Slowly getting better!

Hi Lou.

All the Donington layouts should be contained within a folder named Donington and this folder should be inside a folder named BBSE.

Donington Folder Structure.jpg

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Just curious, are you taking all the files out of the BBSE folder then installing into the Locations folder? because if you do that the track will not load.

Just drop the BBSE folder containing all the track files into your Locations folder and everything should be ok.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ah! Thanks Steve and Hiroshi - thought the BBSE folder was unnecessary.

So what kind of times are you guys running here? In the 1:40s?

14. Steven Walker

Steven Walker
    Slowly getting better!

As a rule of thumb anything inside the Gamedata\Locations folder should be placed into where you have your tracks stored (even if it does look odd).;)

As for lap times.... we don't like to talk about this in the forums as we have drivers of all skill levels racing with us and if they see someone is 5 or 6 seconds faster than their best effort then that could put them off joining the race and this would lead to smaller grids and perhaps an elitist one at that etc etc etc ..... but in a word, yes.:thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. As someone who is far slower than that time, I understand completely. I'm a total noob to this type of racing and am just looking for a ball park number to practice towards.

Thanks again.

16. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Monkey's B Staff Premium Member

Don't worry Lou, you'll be in good company. It's a learning curve but well worth it. If you look out for other drivers on the server, you can join them to get an idea. They'll help with setups, suggested gears, braking points and the like if you ask. It will also ensure that everything is working at your end so that you don't find out last minute on the night that you have a
    mismatch/problem.

Hope to see you on track soon. I'll post here before I go on the server later today. Good luck for Sunday if you decide to sign up. I have a feeling you'll be just fine.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Thanks for the warm welcome Denis. I've been able to get on the server.

I'll keep an eye on you guys but I'm GMT-7 so it's not easy - also restricts me to weekend racing.

18. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Hi @Lou Sytsma , i'm from the east cost so -4 GMT so if you want a practice partner during the week i can manage it just send me a pm in advance to let me know when your gonna be online and i'll let you know if i can make it ;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Most kind Yves!

20. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

me and Lou will be on the server tonight around 2.00 GMT if anyone wanna join us :)