1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU HistorX Alfa Romeo GTAm @ Killarney - Sunday 3rd April 2016

Discussion in 'rFactor Racing Club & Leagues' started by Quas, Mar 25, 2016.

Added to Calendar: 03-04-16
  1. Quas

Quas
    Staff Premium Member

gtam.jpg

If you are a fan of oldschool racing with vintage cars from the 50's, 60's and 70's this is the club race to join.
    All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Server Name:
    RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
    Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
    Racing Club Rules: click here

Cars:
    GTTC-B1

Alfa Romeo GTAm '70

Track: Killarney Download
    Pit box allocation: Download

Race 1
    Practice start time:
    GMT 19:00 (20 mins)
    Qualification start time: GMT 19:20 (10 mins free laps)
    Race start time: GMT 19:35 (18 laps)

Race 2
    practice start time:
    GMT 20:00 (20 mins)
    Qualification start time: GMT 20:20 (10 mins free laps)
    Race start time: GMT 20:35 (18 laps)

Entry List

1. Jarek Kostowski
    2. Hans Sneep
    3. St3fan
    4. Warren Schembri
    5. JeffL
    6. Allan Ramsbottom
    7. Denis Betty
    8. Andy Jones
    9. Stig Bidstrup
    10. Peter Stokeman
    11. Jack Smith
    12. Free slot
    13. Free slot
    14. Free slot
    15. Free slot
    16. Free slot
    17. Free slot
    18. Free slot
    19. Free slot
    20. Free slot
    21. Free slot
    22. Free slot
    UTP#22

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2016
  2. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

3. Quas

Quas
    Staff Premium Member

Track changed to Killarney due to several members getting blackscreens, sorry for the inconvenience.

4. St3fan

St3fan
    Stefan Zhang <- Just use this name for convenience Premium Member

Although I've never driven this car or this track, but I just tried old Porsches in HistorX and I'm in love with the mod. Please sign me up :) I'll try to keep up with you guys.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Quas

Quas
    Staff Premium Member

Welcome to the club :). Yep, there's a reason behind us still driving this, those physics and sounds don't get old somehow. Chances are you'll become an addict, like us :D.

It's strongly recommended to set up the steering exactly like in the HistorX manual to get the best out of this mod and replace the ffb text in your controller.ini with the one from the G25_FF_Controller.txt file located in D:\Games\Historic GT & Touring Cars\HistoricGT_misc.

Any questions just shoot, Denis or me are happy to help. The car is already on the server for practice, today we're doing rF2 but there's often some of us on outside of official race days.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Warren Schembri

Warren Schembri
    Premium Member

Sign me up please! :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stan

Stan
    Premium Member

Sadly to busy whole weekend, specialy on sunday for racing. I hope I found some time for practising for my boat license. Being back on track next sunday but not sure yet because monday after I have my theoretical test.
    Back for sure on 17th!

8. JeffL

JeffL
    Right on Brother, I hear ya, it's all good. Premium Member

New join, awesome. welcome @St3fan. This is one fun mod, Takes a minute but the racin' is fantastic
    Sign me up @Jarek Kostowski

• Like Like x 1
  9. Allan Ramsbottom

Allan Ramsbottom
    i canny increase the speed captain.. Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. Quas

Quas
    Staff Premium Member

I might hop on for a few laps later.

11. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Monkey's B Staff Premium Member

Shore leave again.
    I'm in.

• Like Like x 1
  12. St3fan

St3fan

I just did a few laps with this combo with a few AIs. I have some questions:
    1. I installed HistorX by dropping all the mod files inside rF folder, and I realize that if I quit game now with HistorX mod selected, the next time when I start rF, I will be stuck at a black screen unless I change my PLR file to remove historX from the current mod selected. Any tips on how to fix this issue?
    2. My engine overheats a lot and it seems that I often miss gears when shifting. Any tips?

Thanks.

13. Andy Jones

Andy Jones
    Premium Member

sign me up please

• Like Like x 1
  14. Stig Bidstrup

Stig Bidstrup
    Blip ! The Throttle Premium Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. Stig Bidstrup

Stig Bidstrup
    Blip ! The Throttle Premium Member

Boat license :confused::coffee:

16. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Monkey's B Staff Premium Member

Hi St3fan.
    1. It sounds like you may have missed some steps in installing the mod. It's a bit of a mission the first time you do it TBH. I can't emphasise enough how important it is, that you follow the instructions in the manual, exactly and to the letter. @Jarek Kostowski has provided a link to the manual HERE. He also has uploaded a conroller.ini HERE. The controller.ini has been configured for G25/G27 but it works well for most wheels.
    2. The engine overheating thing is a deliberate representation of the historic cars included in the mod. In the car selection screen, there is max power @ ****Revs category. If you change gear at the correct engine speed every time you won't blow the engine. People have their own ways of ensuring that they don't over rev. Some use a HUD, I activate the in game rev counter (key 5 as default) and the gear indicator turns red if the engine is being damaged. Jarek just notes the figure from the car selection screen and uses the rev counter/engine sound to avoid over reving. It's worth noting that the engine is slightly more delicate in "Race", than in any other session.... go figure.

I may not be around all day today. If you need help, you can try me, or tag/PM @Jarek Kostowski or (I'm sure Yves won't mind me suggesting him) @Yves Larose .

I really hope you get it sorted. It's a bit of a faff but I promise you, it's worth it. Once you get used to this mod, I'm sure you'll agree, It rocks.

Welcome to the club. :thumbsup:

Edit: It's really worth taking a look at the "Hints and tips" thread in the rFactor forum. :)

Edit 2: The problem of missing gears is due to the grinding tranny mod. Just make sure the neutral is not assigned to any key in controls. That should sort it out.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wow Wow x 1
  17. Quas

Quas
    Staff Premium Member

Fantastic post Denis, covered it all which makes me a bystander :thumbsup:.

Ida got one more day off and since Mister Betty jumped in, i will be going to Poland in an hour already, meaning i'll miss this nice event (planned to go straight after the race but that would be stretching it a bit in the eyes of the lady).
    I'll be returning on thursday night or friday morning, so i'm back on track on friday.

Have fun chaps, see you on friday!

• Wow Wow x 1
  18. St3fan

St3fan

I was trying to use the HD UI mod for HistorX so I can select cars more easily. I find that if I use the UIData module that comes with HistorX then I will have no issue starting the game.

I do have a neutral key assigned... I think the problem is that the clutch biting point seems to be higher than I'm used to in my real car so I tend to release the first part of the clutch's travel range faster than I should. If I release the clutch slower and make sure the shifter is fully "engaged" I will not grind the gear.

19. Peter Stokman

Peter Stokman
    Premium Member

SIGN ME UP TO RACE PLEASE050% (1).jpg

20. JeffL

JeffL
    Right on Brother, I hear ya, it's all good. Premium Member

It is highly recommended that you use a fresh install of rf then just use the historx installer with no other mods installed. When you say you dropped the files into your rf install and change the UI throws up a red flag for me:)