HistoricX racing club feedback and suggestions

Yves Larose

Premium
Hi guy's

in this thread we'll be talking about suggestions for events, in the next few weeks we'll be trying different things and you are welcome to make suggestions after all its everybody club i will only ask that when you suggest an event that you also think about the less skilled driver so it won't be too hard and not enjoyable for them.

let's start talking :)

if you come out of the pits behind a driver who you know is slower, you leave a gap. If 5s is not enough, leave a little more
I could agree when there is a small number of cars, but with 15 or more cars,If I wait more, someone behind me has to wait more and so on, until someone could never start from the pits.

Anyway, your races are so much full of fun that this is just a small issue.

"I could agree when there is a small number of cars, but with 15 or more cars,If I wait more, someone behind me has to wait more and so on, until someone could never start from the pits."
Yes mate, this is the reason why I think it makes sense for quicker drivers to make sure they are ready to leave the pits early. Considerate slower drivers might want to wait (but there is no rule that says they have to).
In all honesty though, it's more comfortable for me when I don't have a quicker driver closing in on me. It's actually better and nicer if I let them go before me and I'm likely to post a quicker time that way TBH.

Just got on and saw all the posts. After having read them I will add my two sense worth.

Remember ..this is a racing club ...not a league...no points are being won or lost. We are here to just have fun, drive hard for sure and try to win or beat the guys around you but using sportsmanship and racing craft as a high priority...while trying hard not to ruin someone else experience....no matter their abilities...and that starts in qualie.;)

I have the right to a fair qualie lap as well as the slowest and the fastest drivers. The last thing that any of us want to do is ruin some else qualie but fate is a part of the equation. Many things can ruin a hot lap ... some uncontrolled( going off track) and some controlled.

I'm a mid to the lower pack guy, so I always wait until most have exited pits for their qualie, and/or I let faster ones by me in the pit lane or early on in the out lap but I can't wait until guys are near completing their out lap to join. I've got to get in a form a gap with the pack.

If you come up from behind me I may be driving slow on purpose.....to leave a gap for the guys in front of me ....here me...guys in front of me. So I slow for those in front of me and next thing I know someone behind me is pressing my a#$. ( advantage of using Teamspeak ) Maybe there is a valid reason for my slow driving. We have to act as a team here, each giving a bit for the others. So be it if your hot lap is tarnished a bit once and a while. It is not only happening to you, it happens to all of us once in a while. I know many of the fastest drivers who start at the back on purpose for what ever reasons. There are pros and cons to this practice but not here now. Point being ...they are here to have fun first...win second.

Now the business of quickly catching up to a slower driver on your out lap and trying to passing them. In my opinion you first response should be back off....leave a gap that you think will provide enough space for you to get a good hot lap without being hampered by the guy in front. Your second thought ...I got to pass this guy quickly .. should be put in the trash. Do so if they provide you an opportunity to do so, if not back off..... period. Don't be pressuring them, forcing them to let you by. Not all slow driver are idiots and not all fast drivers are maniacs.;)

Now it works both ways ....if I am not on a hot lap or have ruined a hot lap and a quicker driver is on his hot lap then I should definitely try to allow them by.

Remember why most of us are here. How many races has Fans ( named changed to protect the innocent ) and myself won over the years.... ya I know... but that is not why we are here.

After you have been here for a while you will realize what a unique little family we have here..sharing more then just racing. Some of my closest friendships have been made here...fact. If some of the vets are concerned about a situation then perhaps we should listen.:whistling:

PS.... turned out to be more than two sense worth ...sorry.:(

Last edited:
I agree 100% with Denis but I know it is not easy for me or some others to call someone out ..not part of our nature, but it must be done sometimes to maintain the integrity of the club. If it causes drivers to leave then we all suffer. Which is worse.. a frustrated quality driver leaving or an inconsiderate driver remaining in his or her ignorance? Easy answer.

If you come up from behind me I may be driving slow on purpose.....to leave a gap for the guys in front of me ....here me...guys in front of me. So I slow for those in front of me and next thing I know someone behind me is pressing my a#$. ( advantage of using Teamspeak ) Maybe there is a valid reason for my slow driving. We have to act as a team here, each giving a bit for the others. So be it if your hot lap is tarnished a bit once and a while. It is not only happening to you, it happens to all of us once in a while. I know many of the fastest drivers who start at the back on purpose for what ever reasons. There are pros and cons to this practice but not here now. Point being ...they are here to have fun first...win second.

thats a great point jack

FIXED setup Race suggestion.
Track : Anderstorp GP easy track doesn't even have a chicane ( and we haven't been there since 2014 ;) )
Race 1 : Cortina 66 Model ( less tail happy than the 65 model ) and everybody loves that car
Race 2 : Austin Healy MKII 3000 ( one of the easiest to drive on Default ) ore Mustang 69.

Suggested tracks:
Mid-Ohio - @Allan Ramsbottom
Kanebitten - @Allan Ramsbottom
Philip Island - Allan
Assen - @Peter Stokman
Limerock Park - Peter
Zandvoort - Hans
Putnam Park - @Quas
Essington Park - @Quas
Charade - @Tim Ling & @Luca Bernacchini
Anglesea - @Tim Ling
Leinz FoS (GP Short) - @Roland
Halle-Saale Schleife - @Roland, @Stig Bidstrup Maybe we could do this as a 3 x 15 minute races event?
Goldenport - Roland
East London, Prince George - @Ole Marius Myrvold
Nords - we did this a while ago (I think too long for the xmas break)
Cadwell - @Luca Bernacchini
Oulton -
Magione - Luca
Knockhill - @Ross McGregor
Snetterton - Ross (Coming soon)
Silverstone national - Ross:- We did this in a sprint/feature the other week
Road Atlanta
Ingliston -Ross
Nivelles - @Rupe Wilson
Kielce Poland - @Steven Walker

Last edited:

Latest News