HistoricX racing club feedback and suggestions

Yves Larose

Premium
Hi guy's

in this thread we'll be talking about suggestions for events, in the next few weeks we'll be trying different things and you are welcome to make suggestions after all its everybody club i will only ask that when you suggest an event that you also think about the less skilled driver so it won't be too hard and not enjoyable for them.

let's start talking :)

Have we raced at Mills yet?
If not I think it's an oversight. I really like that track, especially in the Lotus Cortina.
Also, how about an endurance race? I guess we'd have to use cars with... less delicate engines.:)

Mills is a must (imo in B1's or B2's preferably) but we really have dozens of good tracks that we didn't race yet.
How is it with longer tracks like Nordschleife, Machwerk or even Targa Florio, would you guys like to race on those?
I think for club racing short tracks that keep the pack together are awesome but i'd love to do a race on Nordschleife or Machwerk if enough people are interested.

I've raced Zolder '67 on GSC and FTrucks, not sure if you have it for HistorX (but I think so) but I'd enjoy a race there. But honestly, I enjoy most tracks. Targo Floria would be too much I think, but I'd still give it a go if there were enough time to practise beforehand.

This club has always prided itself on being a gentleman's racing club.
So.... please can we bring back the old rule concerning overtaking?
The rule stated that when attempting a pass, you should be half a car length in front before the point where either car would start turning in to the corner. If you're not clearly in front at this point, you drop back and try again later.
This rule greatly reduced the instances of contact and helped to maintain a friendly and fun feel to race evenings.
I've heard complaints (about the increased amount of bumping) from old school members and TBH I'm concerned that it may be putting people off racing with us.
I'm not pointing the finger at anybody but I think that once one person gets away with aggressive driving, others feel they have to either follow suit or race elsewhere.
I hope this doesn't read like a big moan, that's not my intention.
Your thoughts on a postcard please.

Cheers
Denis

Last edited:
The rule stated that when attempting a pass, you should be half a car length in front before the point where either car would start turning in to the corner. If you're not clearly in front at this point, you drop back and try again later.
This rule greatly reduced the instances of contact and helped to maintain a friendly and fun feel to race evenings.
I've heard complaints (about the increased amount of bumping) from old school members and TBH I'm concerned that it may be putting people off racing with us.
I'm not pointing the finger at anybody but I think that once one person gets away with aggressive driving, others feel they have to either follow suit or race elsewhere.

Cheers
Denis
I immediatly fired up HGTTC to check tuesdays replays after reading this, sadly it's not there, think it got overwritten with thursdays race :unsure:.
As far as i'm concerned, that rule was never suspended and i do think we're a gentlemans club. I think most of our regulars are or give their best to be clean 99% of the time.
That being said i saw the one or the other divebomb without giving back position recently. Bumps will happen, and in my opinion there's nothing wrong with clean aggressive driving in a race but you can't just drive off after pushing someone wide, you have to give the position back.
I think, our regulars are a friendly & understanding bunch and the best way to go about this would be to mention the incident to the person in question after the race.
I honestly don't think there would be big arguments or discussions afterwards and sometimes it's good to see an incident from the other persons point of view.

Just an example, not saying it's related to anything that happened in our club:
I recently complained about a divebomb in a GSCE club race, fired up the replay afterwards and watched the incident from different perspectives, just to see that from the other persons cockpit view it looked like it was my fault because i've closed the door too late.

To sum things up, please do not get discouraged if you think someone is a bit too agressive or after being the victim of that 1% of questionable moves in our club.
Mention the incident after the race and i'm sure the person in question will be understanding and will give his (her?:)) best the next time.
If not, we'll have to hand out penalties. Like driving the Sprite Sebring in a B2 race ;).

--------------------

While we're at it, i'll mention something that bothers me a little bit in our club:
What i see quite often is people, when occasionally lapped, overdoing the blue flag thing.
Can't count the times someone went intentionally off into the grass and completely sacricied his lap just to make it super-easy for me to pass. I feel bad when that happens.
Of course you shouldn't put up a fight, but it's perfectly fine if you just give me the better line into the next corner or slightly easy off the throttle so i can pass and you can grab a bit of my slipstream.
Please do not go all out to get out of the way, stay on track at racing speed :thumbsup:.

Cheers
Denis

Denis we are going to dratf an up to date version of what we had in the GTL club so expect to see it in the next few weeks ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 211 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 152 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.6%