Historic Racing Club - Status Update for May 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
OK Gents - Here are some Historic Club Announcements that will affect you all.

Friday events

While we're going through the process of establishing the Friday events, I'm going to be concentrating a little more on the rFactor mods initially. The reasons for this are as follows:-

1. PnG is very similar to GTL in content, so apart from the weather and slightly better admin controls it isn't really too much of a step up, and is a known quantity.
2. PnG hasn't exactly been the paragon of stability in the time we've been running it.
3. Version 3 is on the horizon, and that may be a quantum step forward in regard to the above 2 points
4. rFactor gives us very different cars, and a lot of very different tracks, so it's a genuine contrast
5. Because of that difference, we need to find out what works and what doesn't - I know the Caterhams is a solid banker, but there will be some others, and we won't know until we try.
6. I will have my own ideas about what works and what doesn't, but you lot will be the final arbiters, so I do need to know what you think.

I hope you all understand the above, and I obviously welcome comment on that.

GT Legends - "New Old" Lobby change - Advanced Notification

We've also been experiencing some unusual behaviour in GTL of late, traceable back to - I think - when the SimBin lobby went offline, and the Bude chaps kindly stepped into the breach. The Bude did a great thing by setting up their lobby, and I can't say enough good things about them, but I think that the increased driver numbers might be making that creak a little now.

We will be moving back to the SimBin lobby soon - probably a little sooner that I would have liked in all honesty to have as smooth a transition as possible - but the issues that some experienced during the Sakhir League race have kind of forced my hand. Ideally, I'd like to get it done before the RattleSnake Point League race on 26/05/11.

I'll be posting up a guide on what needs to be changed (it's literally changing one thing for another in one file), but be warned that some of you may need to re-register at the new lobby.

I personally didn't need to, because my user and password were the same on the Bude lobby as the old SimBin one, so I've got no way of confirming the procedure if you haven't used the "old" lobby before.

As above, please let me know what you think about this - but we will be moving across.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all for today's bulletin, please "Like" if you've read and understood the above, so I know who's been informed about things and who hasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back