1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Historic Porsche & Mini Challenge leagues announced

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Nox, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Nox

Staff Premium Member

2015 is right around the corner, and what better way to kick off your sim racing in the new year than with one of our upcoming leagues?

Historic Porsche Cup (rFactor)
    Jump into a Porsche 911 RSR 3.0 '75 - one of the most successful cars of its era having destroyed the competition in IMSA, Trans Am and the FIA World Championship back in the day. But the car is the only 'historic' thing about the Race Department Historic Porsche Cup – you'll take to modern tracks and use modern layouts with modern race formats. It begins with a test race on January 25th 2015 at Motorland Aragon.

Round 1 sees the league travel to the Sunshine State and to the 6.02km 17-turn Sebring International Raceway. It's then on to Montreal, Canada for round 2. Round 3 sees the start of the European portion of the league, taking place at a favourite of many - the hilly, twisty and challenging Spa-Francorchamps.

Hockenheim and the Leipzig Porsche Test track hosts rounds 4 and 5, before the season closer endurance race at the epic Mount Panorama, Bathurst. With everyone in the same cars, the league promises to provide close hard-fought racing right through to completion.

To participate you'll need a copy of rFactor 1; the league will use the excellent Historic GT & Touring cars mod. Click here for more information.

Virtual MINI Cooper Challenge (Game Stock Car Extreme)
    If the Porsche isn't your cup of tea, perhaps the Mini Cooper Challenge is. The Race Department Mini Cooper Challenge is back for its 8th season. Using Game Stock Car Extreme, 28 cars will take to the grid for a 5 round league.

The Minis always guarantee close wheel-to-wheel racing. The pre-season test event takes place at Guapore on Wednesday 7th January 2015, perfect for those who can't often race on the weekends. Round 1 kicks off at the famous Interlagos circuit in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

When a flood destroyed the city of Vanport, Oregon, all that remained were the paved streets and concrete foundations of destroyed buildings. So, they did what any motor sport lover would do - turned it into a race circuit, which plays host to round 2 of RDMCC S8. Round 3 takes us back to Brazil; the Capital this time, Brasilia. Sugo, Japan is the setting for round 4 – a very challenging track sure to throw up some intense and close racing. Finally, the league closes at Road America, arguably one of the USA's greatest race circuits. Click here for more information.

You don't need to be a super fast alien to join any of our leagues; all skill levels are welcome and you're bound to have challenges all the way down the field. To join, you'll need to be a licensed member at Race Department.

More leagues on the way!
    Stay tuned for more announcements as 2015 will be a year with many smaller and some very large online racing series for various sim racing titles here at RD! Simply hover over the events tab in our navigation bar to just see a glimpse of what's coming to you next year.

Good luck on your 2015 sim racing career!
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
    • Like Like x 13
  2. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    Sector3 Beta Tester Premium Member

I got excited and thought at first when I saw the promo on fb these were gonna both be series for gsc, love the mini and Patricks updated version of the porsche.....will the porsche be using the update or the original rf mod?

3. Stig Bidstrup

Stig Bidstrup
    Blip ! The Throttle Premium Member

its the HistorX GT and Touring car 1.96 mod for rfactor
  4. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN

So completely separate mod altogether? As Iam not sure where Patricks version originated from ? :)

5. Stig Bidstrup

Stig Bidstrup
    Blip ! The Throttle Premium Member

6. Looks like NFS Shift 2 to me. If so, very generous of SMS to give permission.
  7. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN

Thanks for the info guys, tho I don't have gt legends and have not had rf1 installed on my pc for nearly a yr I'll have to pass.
    Patrick got permission from the original creator of the mod to convert it to gsc from rf1.
    If in fact it was a sms car they should seriously consider hiring him cause his version is much more detailed :)