Historic GT Legends mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found this recent release, I wonder how good it is. based on their tracks it should be a cracker.

rFactor Central // rFactor Cars // Historic GT & Touring Cars 1.01

Historic GT & Touring car is out :adhd:
to the nostalgics I have to say that you need the GTL DVD inserted on PC in order to install the mod on rFactor
fans who have tried were impressed of well made physics, for me is also very nice transformation of the rFactor's menu which becomes a desk with many vintage photos animated ....

at RFC all the links, even with download via Torrent
20car

here are some stolen "thumbnails"

so GTL fans give a try to rFactor, i need your impressions :D
cheers :thumb:

Might be a licencing issue, GTR2 is a simbin game, rFactor is not and they may have restrictions on their license from the FIA historic series preventing them from granting permission, i'm purely speculating though.

What i do know is that for the last 2 nights this has pulled me away from iRacing.

Great promo movie but it will all be a bit wasted if they can't / dont make it legal. :(

To me it doesn't look as good graphically as GTL but that is not as important as the driving model. Anyone had a test drive of a good cross section of cars in this mod to see how it compares. The driving model of GTL is it's strong point for me.

Looks like I'll have to download this one just to see for myself. Certainly looks promising.

Simbin hold the license for this series, if they gave implicit permission for this mod it would break their agreement with the organisation so they cannot/willnot give it, the mod team know this so have taken the stance that if no cease and desist was/is issued they would take that as "backdoor" permission, this has been discussed in depth at RSC and was the reason the GTL CD check was included and the mod allowed to stand at RSC.

IMO: The more folks that question the legality of this in public, the more Simbin will be forced to think about issuing a disclaimer/C&D just to cover themselves, and any option for GTL2 were it ever to happen, and that would only force the mod underground into the clutches of those a whole lot less honourable than the rFactor Historix modding team such as has already happened on some of the cross Simbin Sim converts (not P&G).

Sam

• Jacek Kozlowski

Guyes i dont if i understand it right(my english is weak)?To run Gt historic mod for rfactor i need to have GTL cd??I really would like to try this mod but i dont have GTL so i dont know if its worth downloading it??:help:

• Jacek Kozlowski

Thanks Gareth.I will have to order it,beacouse its hard to get it in polish stors.I wannted to buy it anyway,but what ive heard is that this Rf mode is much better than GTL itself-physics specially.

• Jacek Kozlowski

GTL is the only one left for me to buy.I allready have race07(ofcourse)gtr2,rfactor-but the best so far is race07:amen:(ofcourse).Cant get used to rfactor,maybe beacouse first i tryed simbin title.Same as You Warren i cant find good FFb setings in rfactor(tryed realfeel FFB and many more).

We have put back the DL link in the top post.
Reason is that this mod is a hit !! The devellopers of this mod did what they could to get permission from Simbin.
If we get complains from Simbin the link will be removed again.
Remember you need the original GTL dvd to play the mod in Rfactor.
Enjoy :thumb:

We have put back the DL link in the top post. Reason is that this mod is a hit !! The devellopers of this mod did what they could to get permission from Simbin.
If we get complains from Simbin the link will be removed again.
Remember you need the original GTL dvd to play the mod in Rfactor.
Enjoy :thumb:
very good :thumb:
all done and ready to go :D
remember you can buy the original GTL DVD also on eBay, bye

I finally got around to installing this mod this evening (like it says in the manual in a completely seperate rFactor install) and I love it! This mod combined with the Virtua LM Le Mans track just screams for a juicy time scaled event!!! :becky:
Good stuff, and I do like the handling in this mod better than in GTL... though I am still struggling a bit to get my FFB right.

I have spent a little more time with it, and it is growing on me. It looks and sounds impressive, and has some features that GTL doesn't have. If I can get the FFB feeling right, I could be converted. Spent a while testing the 1310 Mini since I am very familiar with these in real life, and the handling is fairly close, but no way does the steering go so light when driving straight and initially turning into bends. Real life Mini's are rather heavy and direct to steer. I hope I can get the feel right, as I have in GTL.

Anyway, still fun, some screenies included.

Attachments

• HistoriX Mini 1.JPG
    HistoriX Mini 1.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 246
  • HistoriX Mini 2.JPG
    HistoriX Mini 2.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 233
  • HistoriX Mini 3.JPG
    HistoriX Mini 3.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 218
  • HistoriX Mini 4.JPG
    HistoriX Mini 4.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 242
My GTL copy arrived this morning, downloaded the mod last night and had my first go (follow the manual is a must!). I'm not sure if leaving rotation at 900 degrees is going to suit me as small corrections in a straight line require alot of input, it just doesn't feel right. Also the steering gets harder when you start to move rather than easier as it does in real life. So I'll have to turn down the FFB too.

But it looks great there's just teething problems with me just like Warren, I've never played GTL and I'm not going to install it with starforce either. I'd like to see an event someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 347 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%