1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Historic Australian Track - Gnoo Blas 1953 Released

Discussion in 'Team ORSM' started by krunch, Oct 9, 2013.

1. I thought I'd post this here as I'm sure most V8Supercar fans would be interested in the historic roots of the category :).

I've just released my Gnoo Blas 1953 track for rFactor.

RFC: www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Gnoo+Blas+1953
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheGnooBlasProject

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The Gnoo Blas Motor Racing Circuit was a temporary race track located in the rural city of Orange in NSW and ran car and bike races from 1953 to 1961. It was the birth place of the Australian Touring Car Championship (1960) which has now evolved into the Australian V8Supercar Championship. It was also the place where Sir Jack Brabham began his road racing career. Orange is only 40 minutes down the road from Bathurst and it was this proximity that arguably led to to it's eventual closure. The public roads that it was run on still exist today with very little change. Anyone can go there and drive around the original circuit layout.

This is a virtual historic recreation of the Gnoo Blas Motor Racing Circuit as it was in 1953. The project was organised by Rod Monk of Troyton Racing Simulators and has been funded by Tourism NSW as a promotion for the town of Orange.

For more info about the project visit: www.GnoosBlasProject.com
    For more info about the location visit: www.tinyurl.com/VisitGnooBlas

Thanks go to Denis Gregory of the Gnoo Blas Classic Car Club (gnooblas.com) for providing much of the research material as well as personal accounts of his own racing at the venue.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Looks really good. Nice detail there!
  3. Fantastic work K Man.... Love it!!!
  4. :thumbsup::)