Higher pressures = Faster laptimes? - :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
This never made sense to me. I was messing around with tyre pressures in the Lotus and found that if I run with 30 psi at the front and 31 psi at the rear, I was able to achieve faster laptimes than with the default settings of 26 and 27 :confused:. In all sims I've played, I've always understood that if you want more grip, lower tyre pressures but with the Lotus in AC, I go faster with higher pressures. I did think that perhaps it's linked to the fact that with higher pressures, the car would technically be more responsive, similarly to stiffening suspension so maybe that could be it?

I unlocked "300km/h" with Zonda @ Mugello (302 exactly), however had bad grip for a +1.5sec

I made some changes, increased negative camber @ front and lowered @ the rear it was better, psi front tyres +2, front bumps on 9, both, with fastbump on +2 it was a lot better althought top speed was 297-299km/h yet i managed to get used to it and lap a time of 1:45.488 and that time can fall 1sec i am sure, since i drove only 4 or 5 laps.

Anyone some setup to share, something better ? Hints, advice etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back