• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

High Shadow Setting Causing Problems

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by Matt88, May 4, 2016.

1. Matt88

Matt88
    Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    Hi,

I am having an issue with 'High Shadow' setting. I know shadows are very intensive and I have no issue turning them down but.......

Turning the Shadows down to 'medium' took them away from under the bridges on the track, but leaves them on trackside objects that I cannot see. However my performance is now fantastic. I aim to run at 150fps as any other settings it stutters.

With an R9 290x I also didnt expect them to be a problem.

Is there a way to render the shadows I want/do not want?

Specs:
    i7 3770
    R9 290x
    8gb 1600mhz DDR3
    Asus H61 Motherboard

2. muzarati

muzarati

Ratings:
    +28
    Always been an issue, worse with some cars more than others (superv8 is really bad!) the only way I know to do what you want is to edit the track SCN file, bit hard to do if it's hidden though?

3. Matt88

Matt88
    Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    At least I know it's not my PC. Seems to be certain car/track combos that cause it to be heavier.

The thanks for the reply

4. Keith Windsor

Keith Windsor

Ratings:
    +598
    No it's not your pc, but you're right, it's a shame the shaodws across the track can't be kept instead of some of the others. I will post the suggestion in the beta forum, Alex is always helpful or else he will know if there are reasons it can't be done.

5. Matt88

Matt88
    Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    Cheers Keith, that's great.

Would be good to know either way. Or if they could fix the known 'issue'. However, I would think this is more to do with the ISI engine, rathar than Reiza,

6. Keith Windsor

Keith Windsor

Ratings:
    +598
    Yes you are right, Alex replied and confirmed it is a limitation of the engine, and no changes to this are planned or likely at the moment.