1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Hi, there!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by PixelTHING, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Hi, guys!
    I'm from Portugal and I'm a huge fan of sim racing! :)
    Started with the DOS games from the Rally Championship series, since the very first one, Lombard RAC Rally (1988). Nowadays still play the SimBin games (GTR 2 and GT Legends) and the amazing Richard Burns Rally and the recent DiRT Rally.
    As you can see, I'm a true fan of rally racing and, also, offroad. Love the Xbox 360 version of Baja Edge of Contol! :)
    Thanks for having me here!
    I also have a (retro)gaming youtube channel where I make reviews of all sorts of genres, since the Sinclair ZX Spectrum and Commodore Amiga, til the most recent games. There's a handful of racing games already reviewed and a couple of gameplays.
    Cheers!

2. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Backmarker Champion 2015 & so far this year. Staff Premium Member

Hi and welcome to Race Department:)
    I'm sure you will find plenty to interest you on the site. I don't remember the first Rally Championship games first got Network Q but always thought Mobil 1 was the best. Imagine Dirt Rally with those stages, would be amazing.
    Will check out your channel I enjoy being reminded of just how far we've came.

• Like Like x 1
  3. quicksilver384

quicksilver384
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #85 Staff Premium Member

I still have network Q on pc although its prety much unplayable for me now lol but I did have mobil 1 rally championship for ps1 and I had IRC i think it was called on pc which was awesome. I still would like a modern rally game with full size courses though.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton

THe Mobil Rally on the PC was so much better than the PS1 version I got both but gave the PS1 away as I didn't like it. I've said for years a good rally game like DR with some tracks then full country stages as DLC would be a winner.
    Apologies @PixelTHING for hijacking your intro thread.:)

• Like Like x 1
  5. No problem! ;)
    Thank you so much for all your feedback! :) Appreciate it!
    If I may, I'll post here a couple of videos from my channel:

Let's start with a Dakar-like type of games:

the awesome Rally Trophy:

'til the more recent DiRT Rally:

Thank you, once again!

6. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton

We have a racetube section where you can post videos here.
    Nice retrospective on some rally games. I think Rally Trophy has plenty of mod support and is still played by some people.

7. Yes, Rally Trophy has still a huge modding community supporting it!
    Thanks ;)

• Like Like x 1