1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Hi its me

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by jonaslynnerup, Jun 16, 2016.

1. jonaslynnerup

jonaslynnerup
    Premium Member

Hi its me Jonas lynnerup

Steam id: STEAM_0:1:23832286
    Steam name: Drinking Ewok

Im 24 years, done quite alot of different racing games from rally to nascar to road racing but mostly with the F1 Series, playing online with my brother who also might be joining racepetarment in the future for some good racing.

I'm not too integrated in this site to know exactly how to get going as fast as possible, i want to RACE!
    I hope you can help me getting fast started on racedepartment. Im mostly looking for races in the F1 series if there are any leagues going in these games.

im looking forward to be a good competetive active racer by your side!

BR
    Jonas

2. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Embarrassingly, Backmarker Champion 2015 & 2016 Staff Premium Member

Hi and welcome to Race Department. Thank you for going Premium and helping defray the costs of the site.
    I must confess to knowing nothing about the F1 series but I would think that @Tom @Graham Laing should be able to help you and you can get some information here as well.
    I would add that Automobilista has some excellent F1 cars from different eras that you may fancy trying.
    Any questions don't hesitate to ask and one of our knowledgeable members will surely be along to help.

3. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

Hi Jonas, welcome to RD

It's very quiet at the moment on the F1 Codemasters series, F1 2015 particularly. The leagues are pretty inactive across all platforms, but there is some club racing going on, but that's been mostly on the XBox One.

There is probably a couple of reasons for that.

1/ F1 2015 has probably been the least popular release, as the game files were encrypted this year for the first time, this make modding very difficult, and mods help keep a game alive. Players like skins. helmets, track updates, camera mods, steering wheel and tyre updates. This is why F1 2014 (and even F1 2013), have remained popular for modding

2/ Interest tends to fade in one release when another is imminent, and F1 2016 is just around the corner. It should be released this summer. This mean new drivers/teams, and the new interesting looking street circuit at Baku in Azerbaijan

So I'm sure the leagues and club racing (less formal) in general will pick up in the coming weeks

Meanwhile if you wish to set up a more informal club race at any time, you can post in the league/club forum and see if you can drum up a few drivers to take part in it with yourself and your brother.

Our league club forum for F1 2015 is here

Cheers :)