1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi Gang

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Pucky Loucks, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Hey Gang,

I've joined looking for a Motorsport community. I love that racedepartement.com is that and more. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

I have a family of 4 (Wife, 2 boys & me) and have fallen into the love of motorsport once I purchased a 2nd car for commenting to work (2002 Porsche Boxster). After getting the car, I was convinced to take it to a track day to learn how it should be driven and after my first High Performance Drivers Ed, I was hooked. While looking for other ways to get seat time I found Skip Barber and their site had a link to iRacing.com. I love iRacing as it has helped me so much that I now have built a Spec Boxster and a Racing license for PCA Club Racing. I've started to look at what is outside of iRacing and have copies of rFactor2, Project Cars, Assetto Corsa and have added a SimVibe, SimXperience (Stage1 & G4Seat) , Oculus Rift Dev1 (Dev2 on the way). I love Motec Data and figuring out Setups, Real Life and Sim.

I guess what I'm trying to say is over the last 2 years I've found a passion that use to only be my Job and thankful that I did. The Family comes to the track and stresses out right next to me and allows me to Practice in my Sim Chassis.

Looking for ward to reading through all the content that is here and making some new friends along the way.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Of course I am not jealous at all that you can drive and race a Porsche in real life. [/pinnoccio]

Great to hear that you have been caught by the simracing virus as well and nice of you to join and support our little community :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Andrew

Global Moderator Staff Premium Member

Welcome to RD. Thank you for your friendly introduction. Have FUN while reading all the stuff we have here in the Forum.

Andrew :)