1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Hi from t'Yorkshire

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by 2scoops, Dec 17, 2015.

1. 2scoops

2scoops
    Premium Member

Hi Everyone,
    My name is Ant (aka 2scoops). I'm just 50 and stumbled in to sim racing about a year ago and have been hooked ever since. Medically discharged from the RAF in 2007 after a brain tumour, can only really use my right leg so left foot breaking is out lol

Project Cars and R3E is the software I'll be using, haven't had experience with SCE or Assetto Corsa. May see what iRacing is about but I just want to find the best option with good numbers and great, and above all fun racing.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Andrew

Andrew
    Global Moderator Staff Premium Member

Welcome to RD mate. :)
    First of all, here at RaceDepartment, there are all kinds of club and league events being organised. If you're new, the club events might actually be the best place to start, as others tend to offer advice there and the whole atmosphere is more informal.

Don't ever feel that speed and skill are required to join our events. We welcome all and find those that make the step early into online racing develop quickly. As long as your driving attitude is right and you can be safe around others that's all thats needed, the rest will come in time :) If there's anything you need to know be sure to post in the forums and most guys around will be happy to provide you with help and answers more informally on Teamspeak during events.

We're looking to get rolling with some more development events too in the near future where some of the basics about the games, techniques etc are covered. You can keep an eye on the Premium Members forum (Paddock Club) for more info on that.

Have a look into this thread .
    http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/please-read-racing-clubs-leagues-go-premium.99875/

R3E
    http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/raceroom-racing-experience.131/

Project Cars
    http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/project-cars-series.393/

Check out the "Events" page for dates and times:
    http://www.racedepartment.com/calendar

Upcoming races:
    http://www.racedepartment.com/calendar/upcoming-races

Cheers,
    Andrew:)

PS:
    At the moment we have one year of premium membership for only 10 euros during the Xmas Holiday Season!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
    • Love Love x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Brian Greenwood

Brian Greenwood
    "Brian the Snail"

I am also new to Pc's and sim racing (R3E) in fact I have just finished my third race and had the most fun I have had in ages it was brilliant and loads of fun :thumbsup:

next time i'm on I will send you a friends request if that's ok.

oh and welcome :)

• Love Love x 3
  4. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Backmarker Champion 2015 & so far this year. Staff Premium Member

Welcome to the forums here at RD and of course the delights of online racing. Please check out the links that Andrew has provided and jump into the club races, you'll find a friendly bunch who want to have fun and enjoy the racing. In the R3E club we have a mix of talents ranging from me at the back right up to some extremely fast gents at the front, so you're bound to come across someone at your own pace. Look forward to seeing you on the track.:)

• Love Love x 2
  5. 2scoops

2scoops
    Premium Member

Hi Brian, that would be great, i'm waiting the arrival of the new PC so will be getting everything installed and up and running so will more than likely be after Christmas and New Year. This is the first PC i've had for about 20 years, so would the request be through Steam?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Brian Greenwood

Brian Greenwood
    "Brian the Snail"

I can do both as long as my lad shows me how :)

Technology + age = disaster :roflmao:

7. 2scoops

2scoops
    Premium Member

tell me about it lol

8. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Backmarker Champion 2015 & so far this year. Staff Premium Member

Speak for yourselves, my sons and grandsons come to me when they need tech support:D

• Like Like x 1
  9. Andrew

Andrew

10. 2scoops

2scoops
    Premium Member

That's great Andrew,cheers. I may need to take you up on that, my PC skills are a bit rusty lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Brian Greenwood

Brian Greenwood
    "Brian the Snail"

Trying to find you on Steam are you using 2scoops?

12. 2scoops

2scoops
    Premium Member

Hi Brian, No not on Steam yet, waiting for the PC to arrive. Everything else is ready to go, typical it's the last thing to arrive. I've just moved over from Xbox One. When the PC gets here I will be opening a Steam account.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Brian Greenwood

Brian Greenwood
    "Brian the Snail"

No problem give me a shout and I will gladly add you :thumbsup:

• Love Love x 1
  14. Andrew

Andrew

Same here. ;)

15. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Yorkshire lad!

Welcome fella, hope you enjoy it here :)

Sheffield lad myself, so nice to see some more Yorkshire grit on the forums :)

If only we had a decent footy team....

Anyway, have fun mate, hopefully see you on track with us soon :)

Paul

16. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

Nar then owd bean. Welcome aboard.

We do ;) but only one :D

17. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

hahahaha... good sir, I feel you are confused in the land of relative references.

"good" is not the same as "better than the other rubbish on offer" :)

That's like saying David Coulthard is good, when comparing him to Susie Wolff :roflmao:

18. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

I don't know, if I was the 27th ranked driver in England I'd say I was a good driver.

19. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Fair point mate, I'll concede the point on this occasion.

You win round 1 ! ;)

• Winner Winner x 1