1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Hi From the Netherlands

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by RaceDriverYT, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Hello guys, Let me introduce my self.

My Name is Mark ''RaceDriver'' Ouwehand and I'm from the Netherlands.
    I Play loads of racing games and I really enjoy it. I Am aiming to buy a wheel in the near future aswell.
    Since I spend hours and hours driving and having fun I decided to make a YouTube channel aswell what is called Race Driver ; You can check it out iff you like ;)
    Altho im not the best racer I really try to improve and join a community.
    Iff you have time please check out one of my YouTube at my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCK30RNNz-kX4dyKMAa7r9w
    I Would really appreciate it iff you can give me feedback on what to improve, videowise as racing wise.

I Hope all of you guys have a nice day,

Peace ;)

2. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Backmarker Champion 2015 & so far this year. Staff Premium Member

Welcome to RD RaceDriverYT, hope you'll enjoy yourself while you're here, don't worry to much about being the best try to make sure you are having fun. There are plenty of clubs here at RD where you will be welcomed and if you have questions plenty of knowledgeable people here to answer them.:)

• Love Love x 1
  3. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

• Love Love x 1
  4. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado
    #17 Talking Door Racing Staff

Hello and welcome to RD!

I would suggest using more of the track, improving lines is what gives you the best time in racing track. Take a look at some videos on how to take the apex and then go to the track. With time you will see improvements.
    Also, even knowing that you were racing against AI, try to avoid contact as much as possible, damaging a car at high spees is very easy and when you go to online racing, you will be already familiar with clean racing.
    Seeing that you have F1 codemasters, there was one lap guide series where the guy showed in depht how to go around the game tracks. You can get some advice from there

See you on track!

• Love Love x 1
  5. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Hello and welcome sir!

If you are looking to find a nice community then congratulations, you've come to the right place :D

Hope you enjoy your stay here at RaceDepartment and consider becoming a Premium member to join some of your fellow sim racers in one of our many excellent club racing events we hold here. No need to worry about speed or skill level, all we ask is you drive safe and the rest will develop in time! If you are alien or back of grid, you will always be able to find someone of a similar pace to race with im sure!

Feel free to ask any questions mate, always many people willing to help out.

Of course if you do decide to go premium, additional sections of the forum become available to you including an opportunity to join one of many excellent racing school lessons we host, well worth having a look to reconfim the basics or find those extra tenths :)

Anyway, have fun here, its a great place to be!

Regards

Paul

• Love Love x 1
  6. Thank you guys for al the kind responses, I Really appreciate it a lot!

Regards,

Mark

• Love Love x 1