1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Hi for the UK. Little suggestion also needed. :)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by L Jackson, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Hi

I've been sim racing on and off for a number of years now starting off with Live for Speed, and have tried a number since then; rFactor, Richard Burns Rally, Simbin sims, iRacing, Project Cars and Assetto Corsa off the bat.

I don't unfortunately have the time to sink my teeth into something as comprehensive as iRacing, but what I would like to hear are suggestions for a sim that would allow me to play as and when, which a decent amount of content and decent player base? From what I have tried Assetto Corsa fits that bill, would you be in agreement?

I have a 4 month old daughter you see, so I just want to adapt my love of racing sims around my family life. I'm sure other people on here have hit the same challenges.

2. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Embarrassingly, Backmarker Champion 2015 & 2016 Staff Premium Member

Hello, and welcome to Race Department. I would add Automobilista to the list and there's always Raceroom. As to commitment have a look at the race clubs here on RD where you will find a friendly enviroment people to race with and fun being the main objective with no pressure. There's a thriving AC club and you can get details here.
    Details of upcoming events for clubs and leagues can be found here.
    Check out the Freemium offer in the opening posts on the event page this allows you to try club races out for two weeks. And if you like it then why not go premium, details here.
    Ask in the forums and I'm sure you'll get plenty of people willing to help
    Once again welcome to RD.

• Like Like x 1