Hi First post, help a noobie... please :)

Hi Folks, first post so please go easy.. looking for some help :biggrin1:.

I've installed race07 via steam, however when I go to the Controller configuration menu.. The mouse takes on a life of it's own and I cannot configure my G25 or any other game controller.. Has anyone else seen this behaviour and found a fix.. looks like a graphics bug.. but I don't know. I have the latest NV drivers on an 8800 GT card.. and G25 controller software.

All other games behave as expected..

Anyone seen this before?

Also I'm looking to try some on-line racing.. any tips?
Other than get on-line :playball: :biggrin1::biggrin1: is there a beginners forum, or at what point against the AI should I consider good enough for on-line?

Thanks

Maurice

Hi Maurice,

Very good to post your question here. I have seen this problem before but i dont have a fitting solution for it now... (will report that later i hope:))

About beginner racing..... i think you are at the right adress to shoot your questions here because 90% of this forum users are RACE 07 drivers

Hi Maurice,
I can't help with the graphics problem, but maybe I can try to offer some help regarding getting started. Like you, I was totally new to on-line racing earlier this year, so I can share my experience. I'm not one of the quick guys, but I have learned to compete with the average drivers and have plenty of fun.

Below, I have pasted a copy of an article I posted at the Race Sim Central Racing Club, which might be of help.
I started by practicing against the AI and to be honest, I think it gave me bad habits for on-line racing. The AI are nothing like you can expect in an on-line race against other human drivers. The AI become predictable, they always try to avoid contact by giving you room if you make a mistake, and you usually end up developing a passing style that will get you into trouble on-line. So, sorry, but get on-line is my advice, but not in the public servers. I highly recommend that you sign up with RaceSimCentral (if you haven't already) and join the RSC Racing Club. This will give you access to the private servers, as well as heaps of information to help you learn to drive on-line.

Here is a copy of the article from the Racing Club to get you started.

Just to get things started in this section of the Club, I thought I would give a bit of my experience, for what it is worth.

Firstly, I only started on-line racing a few months ago, after only limited off-line gaming (really just playing around for fun with the AI set to my low standard). Since joining RPM and trying on-line racing, I found I needed to try to improve so that I wasn't totally embarrassed, and more importantly, didn't cause grief to other racers. I'm an old fart, my reflexes are always going to be slower than the young guys, and so far I'm very average in terms of race results.

So, for anyone still interested, here is what I have learned so far.

All the emphasis on setups is useless until you get the driving lines and track consistency. I read somewhere that it is pointless trying to fiddle with setup changes until you can drive at least 5 to 10 consecutive laps at a track within 0.5 secs of each other. Very true! Learn the track first, so that you can really see whether a setup change has helped or not.

Now! To learn the track, I have found the Simbin Track Guides for RACE (link below) to be invaluable. They tell you the best lines, recommended gear selections, and critical speed points. Study these a lot, before worrying about setups.
http://www.race-game.org/misc/track_guides.zip

For learning about setup's, I recently found Ramon's "Official Syncro Racing WTCC Setup Guide", and it explains this topic very well with regard to the RACE WTCC Cars. Here is a link to it:

http://www.syncro-racing.com/setupguide.rar

I quickly learned to accept my limitations and enjoy racing at my own standard. I'm never going to compete with the Atti's, Rami's, Maik's, Sander's, etc. But I can have very enjoyable races with others who seem to be about my standard. The great thing about Racing Club racing is that there is a spread of people with different speed and skill, so you should always find good racing with someone.
I've also found that if I ask people nicely for specific help or tips, often while on-line, they always help.

Warren, our old-fart wise grandfather! :)

Hi Mauirce, as Warren said above, get on-line as quick as possible, and do not be afraid, there will be plenty of guys to help you, just shoud and ask! :)

To have nice on-line races not speed is needed, just general gentleman behaviour, and respect towards others on the track! :)

Cheers: Atti

Guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome.. I'll be on line soon as I get the config issue sorted.. I put up a video on the tube to see the issue..
[YOUTUBE]0ZI-wmIako4[/YOUTUBE]

Keep your eye on the mouse pointer in the video :(

Thanks and hope to see you guys on-line soon..

Maurice.

Well, looks like I managed to minimise the problem, and get my wheel configured.

I found reducing the mouse acceleration helped but didn't cure the problem. Running the setup and screen resolution to 800x600 in a window allowed me to set things up.. i had no idea there was so many settings for the wheels in race07 :)

So I'm off to practice some tracks.. downloaded monaco, and had some fun around it in the caterham :shocked:

thanks

Maurice.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back