HF8 Haptic

Andy_J

I hate Race cheats ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I am looking at getting one (if any UK stockist had them in stock). Has anyone here got one or tested one yet?

I got mine on Tuesday, I only play in vr and the useful immersion effects are gear change rumble strips and engine revs. The software is a bad beta so you are the tester, it just doesn't work without workarounds that aren't 100%. It does work flawlessly with simhub so i paid the max suggested donation for that. There is a lot of hype around this from YouTube channels that are sponsored. If you want the extra immersion and have the cash to spare its a good add on especially if a motion rig is out of reach

Well I purchased the HF8 and after using it (and tuning it) I like it. It just adds that little bit extra to my cheap computer chair. So far, using it with AMS 2 and ACC and AMS 1 it feels great. I have set it up using SIMHUB (licenced) and have it for lateral G Force and gear changes and braking only.

Last edited:
Well I purchased the HF8 and after using it (and tuning it) I like it. It just adds that little bit extra to my cheap computer chair. So far, using it with AMS 2 and ACC and AMS 1 it feels great. I have set it up using SIMHUB (licenced) and have it for lateral G Force and gear changes and braking only.
what do you think of left/right road impacts or vibration effects? did you notice clearly which side is going over the grass, for example?

what do you think of left/right road impacts or vibration effects? did you notice clearly which side is going over the grass, for example?
I guess you could set it up like that. I personally don't want that effect. If you have too many effects it swamps it and you wont feel anything worth while in my opinion. I prefer those curb effects through the wheel only.
I like mine set up for gear change effect using the rear seat vibration motors. And I use the rear part for lateral G force so I get a feeling in turns. I use the lower bottom motors for braking effect or road effects but not both.

Last edited:
I tested it a couple of weeks ago. Returned it. Felt like a toy. Buy a Buttkicker instead of this crap.
You probably didn't give it a chance or even tune it properly. But hey ho, each to their own. I like it because it is a far cheaper solution and it gives some haptic feedback. When used with my FFB wheel (T500RS) and my Corsair Haptic headset I feel really good immersion in all my racing games. And I use it for games such as AMS 2, ACC, AMS 1, WRC10, Dirt Rally 1 and 2, Nascar Heat 5 and Richard Burns Rally. I have the same settings on all and I enjoy it.
And later this week I'll be trying VR with it for the first time too. Thanks to @higgssy on here. Happy days.:)

Last edited:
You probably didn't give it a chance or even tune it properly. But hey ho, each to their own. I like it because it is a far cheaper solution and it gives some haptic feedback. When used with my FFB wheel (T500RS) and my Corsair Haptic headset I feel really good immersion in all my racing games. And I use it for games such as AMS 2, ACC, AMS 1, WRC10, Dirt Rally 1 and 2, Nascar Heat 5 and Richard Burns Rally. I have the same settings on all and I enjoy it.
And later this week I'll be trying VR with it for the first time too. Thanks to @higgssy on here. Happy days.:)
I used their own app and Simhub. But this product did not meet my expectations. It's a toy which vibrates. I don't recommend it if you have a high end sim rig.

Do you have to use simhub? It feels like a con so far there is no profiles at all for the supported games by their own software? Is that really right? There seem to be one for iRacing but that´s it. I don´t run iRacing so cant try that one.

Simhub looks overwhelming at first contact but is worth the effort ;)

Even a "mechanically gifted middle aged guy" like me can get it running.

Nowadays I use it for my leaderboard,dashboard, LED flags and bassshakers.

So give it a try, it can be great.

Simhub looks overwhelming at first contact but is worth the effort ;)

Even a "mechanically gifted middle aged guy" like me can get it running.

Nowadays I use it for my leaderboard,dashboard, LED flags and bassshakers.

So give it a try, it can be great.
I find the hf8 hidden in some bass shaker section. Got it working in wrc generations. Motors is really weak but at least it works :)

There are a couple different places within simhub where you can adjust the strength of the vibrations, and initially one of these settings is set at 50 percent, so everything after that level can only be adjusted from that level down.

Personally I run RPM in the speakers in the back rest, and under my jacksie I have each motor set to correspond for curbs/road effects, This allows me to feel the limits of the tracks as I go over them.

I have had one motor fail since I bought the product, I assume its an internal wire that has come away

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 95 91.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 17 16.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 16 15.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 12 11.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 29 27.9%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 36 34.6%