1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Hey all

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Dan Varner, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Hey all. My name's Dan, just got into racing games about two months ago.

I never was much into cars when I was younger so I'm having a lot of fun with games like race07, watching shows like Top Gear and agonizing over whether I want a new Cooper S or a used C5 when the time comes to replace the old Yaris. It's been a bit of a learning experience

Anyhow, between my ADSL and my living in Arizona I expect I'll mostly be participating in time trials rather than actually racing in events. Here's looking forward to grinding those racing skills with you all

2. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

Hey @milesokeefe welcome to RD.

We do have some US Timezone events in some of the sims so don't feel that has to be a barrier to getting involved with some racing action :)

3. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

I see you found the time trials AND some time to club race! Enjoy every race you can!

4. I'm sure I'll participate in races eventually! The laguna seca series Dennis is running is particularly tempting, I've been grinding that circuit a bit since the actual track is relatively close to me.

At the moment I don't have proper lines or braking technique, and from what I've seen by racing in pubs that's a recipe for getting rear ended or driving into someone myself. I'll wean myself into racing as my lap times improve.