Here's A Thought

Max 26 cars on the grid. However, it is "known" that they won't allow more than 12, because of sponsors, tv-money, prize money, etc.

Oh, and why join F1? More testing, more relevant parts, less costs in driving Le Mans.

Difficult to say. Formula 1 is different than Le Mans in terms of car design of course. But on the other hand, F1 has been moving closer to an endurance sport these past couple years. Surely they can apply their endurance racing experience to that.

Well, VW was making fools out of many racing series, among them NASCAR and Formula 1 by there officially stated interest in joining. At the end they were joining WRC as we know. Some of the current engine manufactors are still mad at the VWAG since with their politics they nearly forced a 1,6l engine formula for 2013. When VW announced they rather join WRC those plans were dropped and the new 2014 engine formula came.

Audi is currently really a good question. I mean they are marketing their GT3, DTM and LeMans achievements just about perfectly, but since Porsche and Audi (and maybe Bugatti) will race the LeMans 24 hours in 2014 there are some doubts around Audi continuing there and getting another playing ground. Especially since VW said in a press release that there will be only one VW brand racing at LeMans in LMP1 the years after it. As of now there is Bugatti without a motorsports program, nor is there something for Lamborghini.

But again, they wouldn't be welcomed warmly among the current Formula 1 manufactors. The thing about grid spots wouldn't be a too big issue i guess as there might be a team dropping out by not being able to pay the bills, like HRT i.e.

I would like to see an American car manoufactor join F1, I am no expert in the old days of F1 but if I am not wrong their haven't been an American car manoufactor to ever join F1.
I am not talking about teams like US F1 (or how they wanted to call themselfs) but a proper manoufactor like Corvette, Dodge, etc...

I believe this would be a great advertisment for this company's, specially for the Europien market.

I would like to see an American car manoufactor join F1, I am no expert in the old days of F1 but if I am not wrong their haven't been an American car manoufactor to ever join F1.
I am not talking about teams like US F1 (or how they wanted to call themselfs) but a proper manoufactor like Corvette, Dodge, etc...

I believe this would be a great advertisment for this company's, specially for the Europien market.
That would be great, the problem is no American car companies know how to make a good reliable car. The only ones that have used European help lol. Not to mention they're all bankrupt. The only ones that might have a chance are Ford, but I couldn't see them getting involved in F1 anytime soon.

P.S. Corvette isn't a car manufacturer -_- Corvette's are made by Chevrolet...

I think the chance is pretty low that Audi will join Formula 1 as a new team.
However if one team would be up for sale I am sure they would be one of the bidders perhaps.

According to this list Audi has never entered as constructor in F1, however Porsche has :)

I think the chance is pretty low that Audi will join Formula 1 as a new team.
However if one team would be up for sale I am sure they would be one of the bidders perhaps.

According to this list Audi has never entered as constructor in F1, however Porsche has :)
Aaaahhhh...ok, found this image though.
Auto-Union-F1.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back