Here we go ... 9,4 GB Patch

Anyone knows about this "patch", what is included?

- Massive audio overhaul for most cars,
- new ui and portal functionality (basically got rid of the green orb/wheel and faster),
- faster loading times,
- improved shadows,
- massively improved AI,
- many bug/art fixes,
- WTCC 2014 (this is only being pushed now, it won't be available right away and will be announced as soon as all bits and pieces concerning it are in place, which will be soon)...

Is the main parts, I guess full patchnotes to be out soon

I've only had the game a couple of weeks so this is my first big update.
So I get this huge patch and now I can't play the game due to server maintainence?
Is this SOP (standard operating procedure) for big patches with this game?

When they do very large updates yes, I'm not an expert on such things but it could be just to be to re-route all resources into getting the update out. I would imagine also that all the systems their end need updating as well (drop in servers, etc).

With smaller updates I've never had any issues.

I've only had the game a couple of weeks so this is my first big update.
So I get this huge patch and now I can't play the game due to server maintainence?
Is this SOP (standard operating procedure) for big patches with this game?
yes. since the game is server based anytime they are updating you cant play the game. Stuff like this is why Ive always hated the "Always online" game model. But it should be up soon Im guessing.

according to the last dev stream they had updated their servers to mitigate the problems everyone has had in the past with high traffic during and after updates, so hopefully this is just them actually doing maintenance this time

Love the new title screen.

2efhtar.jpg

23vdtth.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back