1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with understeer on ADAC cars

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Sean Kenney, Dec 13, 2014.

1. So I seem to have massive understeer issues for the ADAC cars. I am sort of not really sure how best to tackle it, I have tried a few things which have helped, but curious what others have done for this...if they even experience it.

It mostly seems like my car doesn't initially turn enough...if that makes sense

I have a g27 wheel....I have messed with the steering lock a bit, but I don't want to get an really high value for it, unless I need to.
  2. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

Try 540/19 as a steering ratio for several laps before you decide it is understeer. If you've already tried that, then it's tuning time. ;)
  3. doesn't a 19 mean I have to turn the wheel more?
  4. Use less rear wing, softer front, stiffer rear and TRAIL BRAKE, :D
    For some turns you have to put your car in a slight drift.
  5. whats trail brake?
  6. Hope that explains it:
  7. Stig Bidstrup

Stig Bidstrup
    Blip ! The Throttle Premium Member

loosen front anti roll bar , if not enough - stiffen rear roll bar this is the fast way to get lesser understeer loose ( low numbers ) stiff ( high numbers )
  8. Marco Versele

Marco Versele
    Hhmmm, yes ...

Have a look at this: from the advanced setup guide on lfsmanual.net (live for speed).
    In your case I would decrease front rebound and increase rear compression.
    Tell me if that has changed your driving.

• Beer Beer x 2
  9. Jyri Kettunen

Jyri Kettunen
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Start with the most obvious: increase negative toe-in of the front wheels.
  10. Thanks guys, I will see what it does. :)
  11. Dumb question? What is compression in R3e?
  12. is it bump?
  13. Marco Versele

Marco Versele
    Hhmmm, yes ...

Yes indeed. Compression = bump
  14. ty