Help with SRS files

If anyone can help with creating & changing srs files, I'd sure appreciate it. Most of the RFM files I copied from rf1 for the mods I converted to work in AMS, work ok after changing the RFM to SRS. Some don't. After comparing SRS files that do work in the game, it "seemed" that the name in the CLASSES: vehicle file had to be the same in the SRS file in the VEHICLE FILTER. But this doesn't always work. Some SRS files have all the different models listed in the vehicle filter also, some don't. There must be something I'm missing. The TGA files are no problem, I've made lots of them. But as you all know, the more car mods you put in the game, the slower the car menu works when you use "All Cars & Tracks". So, I'm trying to make SRS files for each Mod i converted to make it faster to use. If anyone can help or has a manual on how to make & get these working, I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks !!!

What's exactly your problem?

Do'nt know if helps, but I realize after trial and error that the VEH files for each car plays a fundamental role together with SRS files.

The "Classes" in VEH matches with "Vehicle Filter" in SRS. And, altought is says 'classes' in plural, in AMS just one class is allowed in VEH file. That's a main issue when porting from rFactor, where you might have multiple class definitions. The CLASSES are (as name suggests) the classes that you see in car-track selection screen (the third column of data).

1 - For instance, in rFactor you may have in VEH the following line to reference a LMP1 car in a WEC mod:
Classes="WEC 2017, LMP1" //a main 'WEC 2017' category, with a 'LMP1' subcategory.

In AMS, your VEH must be unique, for example:
Classes="WEC2017-LMP1"

This will match your SRS file like this:
Vehicle Filter=WEC2017-LMP1

2 - Following the example, a LMP2 car in rFactor would be:
Classes="WEC 2017, LMP2"

In AMS, your LMP2 VEH's must would be, for example:
Classes="WEC2017-LMP2" //notice that I create this name... it could be WEC16P2, for example.

Now, in my SRS file, since I want to have 2 categories, I would write:
Vehicle Filter=WEC2017-LMP1 WEC2017-LMP2 //notice the space between the two classes

3 - Now, the CATEGORY in VEH file is used in AMS to create the tree folder structure for car selection.
In the VEH that describes the Toyota LMP1, I'd write the following:

Category="WEC 2017, LMP1, Toyota T050 Hybrid"
Team="Toyota Gazoo Racing"
Driver="#7 Kamui Kobayashi"

That will be shown in car-track selection (in first column) like:

WEC-2017
|-> LMP1
| ----> Toyota T050 Hybrid
|--------> Toyota Gazoo Racing
|------------> #7 Kamui Kobayashi

Please take a look at my skinpack for reference, where I've created a multi-class series for AMS: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/endurance-brasil-mr18-and-mcr-2000.13338/

Please note that I believe some mods have info carved in .MAS file, and doesn't appear as a series in the menu at all.
For example, while all went well with BES 2012 Mod in GSCE, the DTM 2013 MOD for GSC didn't work that way (therefore, it was only acessible via 'all cars, all tracks' menu.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back