1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with making skid marks.

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Jim Cassi, Sep 11, 2012.

1. I watched the tut on how it's done, pretty simple, but they made the tut using an older version..
    I tried following every step, but i get to where you need to change the texture,
    and i get an error something about faces being selected. the latest version is missing a tab to change the material.
    not the beta, but the latest released version., can someone explain how to change the textures in this thing.
    Thank you.
  2. You have to right click to bring up the materials menu. The menu also allows you to select a cross section, with skidmarks being one of the default ones.

I used to get a bit frustrated watching those videos and not knowing what to press, so I went through the help file and made a list:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks, I'll give it a try later today and see if i have success, He's just fly's through the video tuts so fast, you don't have time to see what the hell he's doing....lol
    i spend more time rewinding the vid, than i do watching it.
  4. I had the same troubles watching the tutorials too Jim, plus at the time I was using a wireless USB device...
    To make things easier & always available, as well as making it possible to watch in slow-motion, get yourself 'Download Helper' add-on for IE & FireFox.
    It's free & records the buffer onto your HDD & can then be watched again anytime you like in an FLV compatible media player (I use Media Player Classic)
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ebrich

Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. I hadn't realized they had started a G Chrome version too...
    Cheers Ebrich!
  7. what is the best method for making skid marks.?
    i tried using the wall as he did in the video but,
    the texture gets applied to all surfaces, so i have 3 sections of skid marks.
    i would like to have 1 texture to cover the whole mesh
    should i be using another object to use as a skid instead of a wall.?
    Thank you.
  8. I mentioned cross sections in my previous reply.