• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Help with making skid marks.

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Jim Cassi, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Jim Cassi

Jim Cassi

Ratings:
    +1
    I watched the tut on how it's done, pretty simple, but they made the tut using an older version..
    I tried following every step, but i get to where you need to change the texture,
    and i get an error something about faces being selected. the latest version is missing a tab to change the material.
    not the beta, but the latest released version., can someone explain how to change the textures in this thing.
    Thank you.

2. R Soul

R Soul

Ratings:
    +191
    You have to right click to bring up the materials menu. The menu also allows you to select a cross section, with skidmarks being one of the default ones.

I used to get a bit frustrated watching those videos and not knowing what to press, so I went through the help file and made a list:
    http://simtrackipedia.wikidot.com/btb:controls

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jim Cassi

Jim Cassi

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks, I'll give it a try later today and see if i have success, He's just fly's through the video tuts so fast, you don't have time to see what the hell he's doing....lol
    i spend more time rewinding the vid, than i do watching it.

4. Lee Knight

Lee Knight

Ratings:
    +242
    I had the same troubles watching the tutorials too Jim, plus at the time I was using a wireless USB device...
    To make things easier & always available, as well as making it possible to watch in slow-motion, get yourself 'Download Helper' add-on for IE & FireFox.
    It's free & records the buffer onto your HDD & can then be watched again anytime you like in an FLV compatible media player (I use Media Player Classic)
    http://www.downloadhelper.net/index.php

• Like Like x 1
  5. ebrich

ebrich
    Premium

Ratings:
    +77
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Lee Knight

Lee Knight

Ratings:
    +242
    I hadn't realized they had started a G Chrome version too...
    Cheers Ebrich!

7. Jim Cassi

Jim Cassi

Ratings:
    +1
    what is the best method for making skid marks.?
    i tried using the wall as he did in the video but,
    the texture gets applied to all surfaces, so i have 3 sections of skid marks.
    i would like to have 1 texture to cover the whole mesh
    should i be using another object to use as a skid instead of a wall.?
    Thank you.

8. R Soul

R Soul

Ratings:
    +191
    I mentioned cross sections in my previous reply.