1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Help with inconsistency in Career

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by Scott Woodwiss, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Scott Woodwiss

Scott Woodwiss

Ratings:
    +50
    I'm currently in my first season with Lotus on Expert and I've just got to Spa. Although, I feel that my season has been somewhat zig-zagging from one extreme to the other. I just haven't been able to post consistenly decent results. Here's my results from Bahrain to now:

Bahrain - 10th
    Australia - 9th
    Malaysia - 16th
    China - 2nd (wet)
    Spain - 24th
    Monaco - 20th
    Turkey - 5th
    Canada - 1st
    Valencia - 6th (wet)
    Britain - 12th
    Germany - 3rd
    Hungary - 23rd

How can I start achieving more consistent results as the season draws to a close? I feel I'm a good enough driver, hence the handful of decent points finishes and 3 podiums. Maybe car setup has something to do with it. What do you guys think? Any help here?

2. Tom Lancaster

Tom Lancaster

Ratings:
    +5
    It's just the ai. They vary wildly from each circuit to the next. Some circuits they are fine and then others like Canada and Bahrain they struggle massively in a few certain corners which makes the player super fast compared to them. Nothing you can do will change this unfortunately, just wait until season 2 where you will have a Renault and can win basically every race =/

3. Gonira

Gonira

Ratings:
    +0
    there's only one solution: convince codemasters to make their ai run consistently in different tracks when they release a game.

it's not a coincidence that you were 1st in montreal and last in spain. ai is known to drive stupidly slow in the first and superduper fast in the latter.

edit: yeah, just as tigger said.

4. Scott Woodwiss

Scott Woodwiss

Ratings:
    +50
    Well I've only had contract offers from Lotus and HRT at the moment. Will those kind of offers come at the end of the season? I am on a 7 year career by the way.

5. Tom Lancaster

Tom Lancaster

Ratings:
    +5
    The only way to get a decent drive for year 2 is to select your rival from a team you want to go to. Beat him and you get his seat

6. Scott Woodwiss

Scott Woodwiss

Ratings:
    +50
    That's interesting - because I'm currently 7th in points and the 3 rivals I had to choose from were Rosberg, Button and Vettel!

7. distrunner09

distrunner09

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm starting my first career with HRT Racing. After 4 races I am 5th in Points and 6th in the Constructor championship with one podium finish. Right now I'm racing at Spain and I hate that circuit. You other posters are right the AI just varies from circuit to circuit. Thats what i've noticed when I did grand prix mode at Canada with Lewis Hamilton and I qualified 1st. Codemaster's needs to balance out the AI throughout all the circuits.