F1 2010 Help With Game Crashing Please

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I've got a huge problem here. Everytime I start playing online my game keeps crashing :( last week it worked perfectly but now it just wont do it. I can play for sometime but then CTD and F1 executable has stopped working.

problem signature
Event Name: APPCRASH
Program Name: F1_2010_game.exe
Application Version: 1.1.1.129
Application Timestamp: 4cbea443
Name felmodul: F1_2010_game.exe
Module Version: 1.1.1.129
Timestamp felmodul: 4cbea443
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0006def8
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1053
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Additional information about the problem
Bucket ID: 9

Some of the words might be in swedish. Just copied it in google translate

This means that there is a conflict between the graphic card driver and another driver from your system. People are talking about conflicts between graphic card drivers and network driver. Use the additional information lines to search on google. I think that this will help you

Was this the reason you vanished in last nights Brazil race? Was looking forward to a good fight as it had taken me 12 laps to get up with you and Jan after being shunted in the first turn. Im just about to start putting the pressure on and you disappear!

Not too sure about your problem. Im dubious its a driver issue, unusual for a conflict to wait till halfway through a race to happen.
I mean, what sort of graphics and network conflict would happen after 30 mins rather than straight away? I cant think of any off the top of my head, but probably best to make sure you do have all the latest drivers installed.

You say it was fine last week but unstable now, look back at your Windows Update log and see whats been installed recently. Maybe back-out the updates one by one or do a restore to before they were there. If there is anything else you updated or installed, consider removing that too.

I know Jan has been telling me its been hot as hell in Sweden this week - not a possibility your GFX card is over heating and tapping out?

Sorry to not be more help!

Yeah thats why i disappeared. So bad cause i had such a good rythm in that race and everyting went on smoothly.

I know its not overheating cause when I play single player i can play as long as i like without any problem and i have opened my computer on one side and put another fan there so its not overheating. Had that problem last year.
Gonna try Slavkos idea and see how it turns out.

Do you have the correct router ports forward/open for both F1 and GFWL?

Ive got a feeling that there is some other program or process which is starting up and randomly borking your game as it needs the same ports. I remember it happend to someone on here before.

Problems I have encountered

Faulty ram stick, caused F1 to do app crash, wouldn't even load the game, I returned the ram and got a new one. win 7 memory checker did not identify the faulty ram, even after 12+ hours of continuous tests, I used Memscope to find the error and it identified the faulty ram in under 2 minutes!!!

Forward tcp/udp port 3074 on router, without it, can cause issues joining online games

Router security settings, also causes online connection issues. If there is a security setting, perhaps low or medium security would help. I haven't had this issue, it was Kaido parl that had this.

Nvidia graphics card overclocking software, I installed asus OCD and the overclock manager software, this caused F1 to crash after nearly every game even though it wasn't OC'd. I Uninstalled the 2 programs & it works fine again.

Mods may cause online connection issues, only use graphics ones for online games. Or use a mod manager to install/uninstall the mods for offline/online play respectively.

Hope this helps.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years