DiRT Rally Help with G27 FFB ( Solved )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorenzo Bonder

Wah wah.
Ok this is maybe the 213812031208321983901238213821038218390293819238³²²²³²²³²³²³²³²³¹²¹²¹²²¹²¹²³²¹²¹x232322211 time someone posted about this on the DiRT Rally forums, but I recently switched my DFGT to a G27. But ever since I made the switch I have to manually switch the controller preset in game from my keyboard to the G27, something that didn't seem to happen when I had the DFGT.

Note that I haven't played the game in a month more or so, therefore I'm a bit off on any updates. However, now, aside from the "lack" of a main controller recognition in game, my FFB feels somewhat dead or lacking strength compared to my other racing games when doing some curves, specially in tarmac stages.

Does anyone have indicators to help me to get that extra FFB back and maybe prevent me changing the preset and remap buttons the whole time?

@Lorenzo Bonder hey buddy, try every time you start the game not to press anything at the keyboard, your first button to push must be the number 18 at the gear buttons. If you do that and it responds, you re good to go. If you see that it dont respond, close the game with alt+tab or alt+enter and restart.
Hope this helps you.
Merry Christmas :thumbsup:

@Lorenzo Bonder hey buddy, try every time you start the game not to press anything at the keyboard, your first button to push must be the number 18 at the gear buttons. If you do that and it responds, you re good to go. If you see that it dont respond, close the game with alt+tab or alt+enter and restart.
Hope this helps you.
Merry Christmas :thumbsup:
I do that, but whenever I start the game, the feedback on the wheel is already much lower than other games :/

Merry X-Mas to ya as well

You have a specific profile for Dirt or you use the global profile settings at profiler? Some times if you use the specific profile, cause of the really bad software logitech provide us, it uses the global settings.
Its better to use global profile settings with no specific profile and change them depends the game you wanna play.
Thats all i can think of... hope you find a solution ;)
If you need something else pm me.

You have a specific profile for Dirt or you use the global profile settings at profiler? Some times if you use the specific profile, cause of the really bad software logitech provide us, it uses the global settings.
Its better to use global profile settings with no specific profile and change them depends the game you wanna play.
Thats all i can think of... hope you find a solution ;)
If you need something else pm me.
Yeah, I might try to set the global profiler up. I have one for DiRT Rally, but sounds like it simply doesn't work. :( bad for me though. I'll try one later today.

As Vangelis say, never press anything before you have touched your steering wheel on the "press start" screen. Also, always control that your (working!) Logitech Gaming Software thingy is up, running and OK. I have to use the old "gaming software profiler". And not the newer gaming software from Logitech to be able to get my wheel working as it should.
Also, after moving on to Win 10, unless the gaming software profiler is running, I will only have 90 degrees on my wheel - that is, 90 in total, so 45 degrees to each side.

Not to mention, you might need some time to get used to the feedback in the game.

Hey buddy! :)

Here's one thing you could try to see if it fixes things for you. Re-install the Logitech LGS 5.10.217 driver using this link from my Google Drive. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3uE7H-nWeYHRTFzOGF2MnNHOEU

The version I've linked you is the latest LGS software that is compatible with the G27 before Logitech decided to shoot G25/27 support in the head. They really should lable this version as "legacy" on their website and make it easily available to people. Back when I still had my G27, I had similar issues and did quite a bit of fishing around for solutions before I was finally able to find this version of the driver.

Once you've installed that, set up your wheel settings in the global settings rather than creating a unique profile for Dirt Rally. Once you've done this, you'll have to hop back in the game and re-configure your force feedback settings and button mappings. I'd recommend doing this to get rid of your old DFGT profile which may screw with game's FFB.

Give that a try and let me know how it goes! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%