Help with Fanatec wheel

KODIAK

V8 Supercars is the best!
Lately I have been having trouble launching my racing games. Whenever I do they take very long to load and usually crash to the desktop. When I try to launch the properties page for my wheel it hangs forever. When it does show up, when I try to closing, it takes forever. In order for me to get my wheel and game to work I have to restart my computer. It will then work temporarily

When I close the game and then try to open it again the same thing will happen

I have tried reinstalling the drivers and checking the integrity for each game with no resolve. Im guessing this is a fanatec.

Im on windows 10 with a gt3rs running the latest drivers and firmware

You need to provide maybe more informations....whats you pc specs?
So did you use this wheel before on your system and it works fine and now it starts to doing trouble?
Can you also say which games you want to start?

I have an Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 Wheel EU and it runs very good at Windows 10.
No troubles here.

I know from others that they had sometimes problems when they connected the wheel via USB3.
Then they connected via USB2 and it solved the problems.

Its hard to say whats wrong without the neccessary informations mentioned above.....

Upvote 0
Bad main board ? USB cable ? Do the games boot up with the wheel disconnected ?
No, its does the same thing.

You need to provide maybe more informations....whats you pc specs?
So did you use this wheel before on your system and it works fine and now it starts to doing trouble?
Can you also say which games you want to start?

I have an Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 Wheel EU and it runs very good at Windows 10.
No troubles here.

I know from others that they had sometimes problems when they connected the wheel via USB3.
Then they connected via USB2 and it solved the problems.

Its hard to say whats wrong without the neccessary informations mentioned above.....

Wheel worked fine before and when it works, its no problem, its when I close the game and try to launch another or relaunch a sim it acts up. wheel is connects via usb3.

what sys spec do i need to list

Upvote 0
Disconnect the wheel, uninstall the drivers, and try launching the games. If you're still having problems, then you know for sure it's your system, not the wheel hardware.

Upvote 0
Hi all,

I also have an issue with my Fanatec CSW V2 with CSP V2, the 1.5SQ shifter and the Handbrake but I don't think its necessary to open up a new thread as this thread has a good and fitting topic already!

When trying to race a bit in AC last Sunday, I couldn't because AC wouldn't recognise my Wheelbase. I closed the game and checked the driver page (V261 64bit/FW204 - System is Win10 64bit). The driver showed all inputs and also all tests worked. So next I tired other games like RF2, AMS and Dirt Rally - no game could find the wheel or recognize any inputs. I then tried different things, like the new driver V289 which flash my wheel to FW Version 43(???) and not 299 as announced in the driver. I uninstalled the new driver and reinstalled v261. I also tried restarts, and other USB ports. The V261 driver always showed all inputs - also the vibration effect when starting Fanaleds worked but no game found the wheel. I really have no clue anymore what could be the issue.

The only thing I did recently in matters of changing System things was connecting the Steam Controller after a few month again to try out some games I bought during the Steam Sales... But I already disconnected everything again...

Does anyone maybe have an Idea what to do? I really would appreciate it!

Upvote 0
Update: Somebody on the official AC Forum posted that it might have to do with the steam Controller settings - deep inside of Steam, Ill have a look at it tonight!

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 219 14.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.6%
  • < 5 years