1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Help with FaceTrackNoIR please

Discussion in 'GT Legends' started by Tim Ling, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Tim Ling

Tim Ling
    It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work Premium Member

I've finally bought a webcam (PS3 Eye tbh), and I'd like to get FaceTrack working properly in GTL. FaceTrack works ok, and is tracking my huge noggin, but in GTL not so good, as I end up looking at the pedals all the time. I believe there are a couple of FaceTrackNoIR users here, so any help would be very appreciated.

I'm using FaceTrackNoIR 1.6,, with he settings on glovepie.ni/FaceAPI/FakeTrackIR

2. Don't have it installed anymore, but sounds like GTL is getting the wrong data, try inverting the pitch axis.

I'd recommend building yourself an LED cap or something, and using FreeTrack. Face tracking is a huge CPU hog, and often loses lock. At least that was my experience.
    http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=1856

3. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

4. Tim Ling

Tim Ling

Hmmm, this is not really what I was hoping for :( I'll have a read through that post again though...and thanks for finding it; I did try searching for it honest!

I'll have a crack with FaceTrack and see if it's got any better, I think it's been updated ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/facetracknoir/ ), and my pc is fairly powerful, so it will hopefully handle the load.

Unfortunately I don't think I'd be able to fix the 3 lights to my headset without help, so I'm stuck there.

5. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

I'm still enjoying the sentence "build yourself an LED hat"

• Like Like x 4
  6. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium Member

Can you not get one of those headsets that Orbital used to use during their gigs?!

7. I dont play GTL but I downloaded FaceTrackNoir to use in rFactor and a couple of flight sims and cant get it to work at all.

My face is tracked fine within Facetracknoir itself but it does nothing in any game I run. Any ideas?

8. Tim Ling

Tim Ling

Sorry Eifion, I don't know how to help. Have you read the link found in comment #3? That seems fairly comprehensive

9. Pritch

Pritch
    Pritch Premium Member