Help with CSW settings and oversteer

Hey guys/gals, I’m having a problem with oversteer correction on every car in AC. I’ve got a CSW with v2 pedals. The issue is, every time the car gets loose, there’s almost no catching it or trying to ride out the drift. As soon as I apply any amount of counter steer the car grabs traction and then goes into a sort of tank slapper. Is it the game or the wheel setup? I’ve tried numerous setups and none seem to provide any sort of “real world” feel. I’ve raced many different types of cars/karts and know the feeling of the tires breaking traction, and the same steering corrections I would apply in the real world yield very different results. I’d love for this to be a simple quick fix; it would make AC that much more enjoyable. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

As long as OP was about CSW and settings, I think it´s okay to keep posting findings.
I use USB 3.0 on my rig, and I know Fanatec fixed it for 3.0 a while back. Usually the plug is blue, not black like the 2.0.

Anyway, since 1.8, I´m back to no-LUT. It´s too violent around center, shaking the wheel at low speeds. I kept the gain at 100% though, works fine. So I´m back to recommending not to use LUT for V2.

Cheers!

Regarding damping, yes it´s been told to keep at 0 for a long time...for G25/G27 users and similar wheels in strength. Try property page damping on 100, then DPR at 30 or 40. AC filter should be 0.
Of cause, it´ll be different when using DRI 001 or higher. But, the damping adds some realistic steeringrack feel, just don´t go too high with it if you like easy drifting.
I mostly race or hotlap, whether it being race- or roadcars, so I want the feel rather than fast lock-to-lock turning. I can still drift fine with my settings though I´m using DRI 000.

I cranked the profiler dampening to 100 and it does feel better, especially at low speeds. The on-wheel DPR is still at 0, I might fiddle with it later. Right now I'm running with the gain at 100 and the in-car around 100 (depending on the car) but with the FOR cranked down to 50 and that seems to make things tolerable, though it still doesn't seem like I should have to do that based on what others experience. It's progress, at least.

Out of curiosity, what do you run your Min. Force at?

I cranked the profiler dampening to 100 and it does feel better, especially at low speeds. The on-wheel DPR is still at 0, I might fiddle with it later. Right now I'm running with the gain at 100 and the in-car around 100 (depending on the car) but with the FOR cranked down to 50 and that seems to make things tolerable, though it still doesn't seem like I should have to do that based on what others experience. It's progress, at least.

Out of curiosity, what do you run your Min. Force at?

Odd thing about the FOR :/
I run min.force at 0, also did before trying LUT, still do after removing LUT again.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back