1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with converting mods to Game Stock Car Extreme

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme Mods' started by lbray2, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Hi All
    I recently came across the awesome tool that is Grumbel's rfactor to Game Stock Car mod converter. However I am having trouble trying to convert my first mod. (Lakeside Raceway - http://www.virtualr.net/lakeside-park-2010-released) After going through the process of converting the mod using Grumbel's tool i opened Game stock car to try it out. It appears in game and begins to load but then comes up with a error saying "Wrong GMT version (or GMT version not allowed) for file SKYBOXI.GMT" As I am new to the whole modding community can someone please explain what this means and how to fix it.

Update: I just tried a different track, this time a .zip track (not a exe) and still have the same problem. It does not convert the .MAS files and when i put the old .mas files in it still makes not difference. I stil get the problem of Wrong GMT version (or GMT version not allowed) for file SKYBOXI.GMT"
    I really would like to know how to convert the tracks using this program so i can enjoy racing on local tracks

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  2. I have. but I still don't know how to fix the problem. It says "

"Wrong GMT Version(or GMT version not allowed)"
    The .gmt file is not encrypted or encrypted with the wrong key, use rfactorcrypt.py to check what the status of the file is and fix it.

but when i open the rfactorcrypt.py it closes almost instantly. If it did open i would not know what to fix
  3. Mikec87

Premium Member

Did you ask for my permission to do this? Not really. And no you can not convert it.
  4. for private use he can do whatever he wants