• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Help with BTB - I would even pay for!

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Honso, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Honso

Honso

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi fellas....

Well im goin nuts, i would love to make a track in BTB. Its a historic 14km Hillclimb Track in nothern Italy, aka Mendel-Bolzano.

Well i was able to remake the track, but i need help with the terrain and the inclination of the track.

Here is a Screen of the the actual Status, and a screen of google earth, there you can see how it should be at the end...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

as you can read from the title, i would even pay for that track =)

COULD SOMEBODY HELP ME?

thanks for your time
    hans

2. Lee Palmer

Lee Palmer

Ratings:
    +64
    Have moved this to the BTB forum, should get more answers here :)

3. Lee Knight

Lee Knight

Ratings:
    +242
    How did you get your height data?
    Did you run it through a program like BTBLofty or 3D Route Builder?

4. Honso

Honso

Ratings:
    +1
    thx Lee...

lee knight, yeah the heights were a great problem from GE... mostly missing or not really true...
    Ehrlec, the higher res you were talking about, where can i get thet from?
    The Track is really beautiful, i love to cruise on it, almost every weekend in summer cause im living next door to it...

cheers

5. Honso

Honso

Ratings:
    +1
    i was trying at their website https://platform-us.terrainondemand.com/Store/MapShop.aspx?GeoLocation=EMEA&StartupPlanName=Basic
    but may i've something wrong with the kml export, cause when im trying to upload the kml file i get that error
    "Failed to upload or process file "Route333333.kml". Failed to calculate custom geometry area size..."

Well i guess ill redo the path on my own... i'll mount a cam on my car and ill redo the route and then trying to rebuild it as good as i can. If you. ehrlec still want to upload me some "default_starter_track_for_dummies_like_me" it would be awesome! thanks a lot

btw: here a link of the kml file without altitude parameters
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J77G064O

6. Honso

Honso

Ratings:
    +1
    first of all, happy new year guys! hope ur doin fine!
    yeah 610$ are kinda 2much... first ill try to remake it on my own, wont be really accurate but i can change those things later right?
    about the terrain and the sorrounding, how should i proceed? ehrlec do u still have that "project template" i could use?

7. R Soul

R Soul

Ratings:
    +191
    I was looking into measuring one's altitude, and came across this gadget:
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?I=LXF551&P=8
    This is for measuring the altitude of a rocket or other flying object, but you could use it for your road. The actual altitude isn't important, just the difference between any two points. You can use a good map to work out the horizontal distance between the points, and you can use the gadget to measure the angle between them. Then it's just a matter of trigonometry. tan_theta = opp/adj

You'll have to take your own height into account, because you'd be measuring the angle from the ground + your eye level, but in theory it would work.