Help with BTB - I would even pay for!

Hi fellas....

Well im goin nuts, i would love to make a track in BTB. Its a historic 14km Hillclimb Track in nothern Italy, aka Mendel-Bolzano.

Well i was able to remake the track, but i need help with the terrain and the inclination of the track.

Here is a Screen of the the actual Status, and a screen of google earth, there you can see how it should be at the end...
75760818.jpg

66255197.jpg

as you can read from the title, i would even pay for that track =)

COULD SOMEBODY HELP ME?

thanks for your time
hans

thx Lee...

lee knight, yeah the heights were a great problem from GE... mostly missing or not really true...
Ehrlec, the higher res you were talking about, where can i get thet from?
The Track is really beautiful, i love to cruise on it, almost every weekend in summer cause im living next door to it...

cheers

i was trying at their website https://platform-us.terrainondemand.com/Store/MapShop.aspx?GeoLocation=EMEA&StartupPlanName=Basic
but may i've something wrong with the kml export, cause when im trying to upload the kml file i get that error
"Failed to upload or process file "Route333333.kml". Failed to calculate custom geometry area size..."

Well i guess ill redo the path on my own... i'll mount a cam on my car and ill redo the route and then trying to rebuild it as good as i can. If you. ehrlec still want to upload me some "default_starter_track_for_dummies_like_me" it would be awesome! thanks a lot

btw: here a link of the kml file without altitude parameters
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J77G064O

first of all, happy new year guys! hope ur doin fine!
yeah 610$ are kinda 2much... first ill try to remake it on my own, wont be really accurate but i can change those things later right?
about the terrain and the sorrounding, how should i proceed? ehrlec do u still have that "project template" i could use?

I was looking into measuring one's altitude, and came across this gadget:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?I=LXF551&P=8
This is for measuring the altitude of a rocket or other flying object, but you could use it for your road. The actual altitude isn't important, just the difference between any two points. You can use a good map to work out the horizontal distance between the points, and you can use the gadget to measure the angle between them. Then it's just a matter of trigonometry. tan_theta = opp/adj

You'll have to take your own height into account, because you'd be measuring the angle from the ground + your eye level, but in theory it would work.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.4%