• "Bwoah." - Generic Kimi Quotes.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Help with BTB/google earth rally track problems?

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by danwilkie90, Oct 18, 2011.

1. danwilkie90

danwilkie90

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi, I'm planning to create a public road rally track for Richard Burns Rally: A sprint from my home town, through the countryside and ending in the town next to mine a few miles away.

I'm having a few problems I need help with, basically:

I made a "path" on google earth following the road I plan to use for my track, saved it as a .kml file then added elevation data with the "GPS Visualizer" website.
    But then, when I import it into BTB, the road has loads of sharp creases in it that make it completely undrivable, the elevation changes are there and look right, but I cannot find any way of smoothing the creases out, not on 3d Route Builder or BTB itself :/ Any ideas?
    I thought it might be because of how close some of the control nodes/points are, there are certainly a lot of them, but that isn't always the case where they pop up.

I created a simple house on Google Sketchup as a test, saved it as a .dae file and tried to load it into Xpacker but it said that "Nullable objects must have a value" and buggered off. Help?

Anywhere I can find some simple kerbs to put alongside the roads? Not rumble/ripple strips, but small pavement-style kerbs?
    Also, how do you change the texture of a selection of an existing piece of road? If you get what I mean?

Thanks if anyone can help!

- Dan

2. R Soul

R Soul

Ratings:
    +190
  3. danwilkie90

danwilkie90

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks mate, that's helped a lot, it's a bit dodgy but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.

4. Kennett Ylitalo

Kennett Ylitalo

Ratings:
    +3,936
    EDIT: noticed that you asked this twice, was going to link to that second post...