1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

help with 1992 F1 mod

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme Mods' started by bgil66, Sep 26, 2014.

1. bgil66

bgil66

Ratings:
    +21
    hi I downloaded the 1992 F1 mod from driving italia and when I extracted the gamedata & rFm files to GSC gamedata & rFm files in game it keeps hanging on montreal track. Am I doing something wrong? thanks

2. Greg Latty

Greg Latty
    Premium

Ratings:
    +248
    make sure you didnt transfer over the "Gamedata/shared" folder. That could be the problem.

3. bgil66

bgil66

Ratings:
    +21
    ok thanks. so all contents of the mod gamedata except shared gets copied to gscx gamedata file & same with rFm? sorry its been years since did this stuff. thanks for the help

4. Greg Latty

Greg Latty
    Premium

Ratings:
    +248
    yep. there are a few files in the shared folder of older mods that cause crashing in the latest gsce. If you want,(which is what I did) you can delete the files one by one to see which is the culprit.

5. bgil66

bgil66

Ratings:
    +21
    thanks all good here. I found the problem that I only copied the vehicle.talent & sound folder which didnt work so I did it over again by opening those folders and then copied the file in their to gscx veh, tal & snd folders along with rfm and it worked! thanks for the help.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n

Ratings:
    +222
    If I may ask, where is this mod at Drivingitalia? I went there and I could not find it. I assume it's the same mod that was available for rfactor and I would love to have it in GSC. Did you actually download the rFactor version and processed it yourself?

7. Greg Latty

Greg Latty
    Premium

Ratings:
    +248
    link sent. Not sure if the mod is "legal" so i dont want to post it here

8. BlkJello

BlkJello

Ratings:
    +22
    http://avesporte.weebly.com/mods-f1.html Lots of stuff :thumbsup:

9. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n

Ratings:
    +222
    You are not kidding. I may need a new HD. Lots of my favorite vintage mods, but I spot checked a couple and they seem to drive so much better on GSC than they ever did on rFactor.

10. Greg Latty

Greg Latty
    Premium

Ratings:
    +248
    They do, and they look a hell of a lot better too