Help Uploading a file.

I uploaded a Self exttracting Rar file and then did a search for it which resulted in a 'not found' response.

Further reading said any file will be removed if there is not a picture accompanying the file.

I tried again but then found there wasn't actually a method/link to uplaod a picture. So, I dropped a Jpg file into the text screen which then produced a a load of garble. DOH!

As an asside, while I accept a file will be deleted when sent without a picture I have yet to download a file that has a picture descriptor?

CAn someone help me out?

Cheers,

Ray.

It was a spreadsheet containing a race fuel & tyre wear calculator, Chris. I think the filename was ' Race Fuel Calculator'. I my have spelled it 'Calculater' too.

But, how do I post the picture in any case, Chris?

Cheers for your time, mate.

Ray.

Which section did you put it in? Btw, how to add image:

addimagetodownload.png

Always upload files as a .rar or .zip file and in the appropriate subcategories. Uploading in a root will most likely in a removal of the file. When did you upload it?

Hi Bram, thanks for your help.

Yes they were Rar'd. In each case there was no option but to select a category. Although my file is non specific when it comes to race game type I had to select a game type, non the less. I chose 'RACE Series'.

So, I am not sure what you meant by upload to 'root'? The only alternative to a category name is -------. And was not allowed, as you said.

During my second attempt I tried to look for a picture placement or browse button such as the one you show.
The one that you outline is oddly enough in a download section? The only option I remember seeing was in the iconic menu list and was only a link to a picture location.

When it came to selecting the file to upload, was I/should I, have selected the file and a picture simultaneously?

Thanks for your time..

Ray.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%