1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Uploading a file.

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Ray Lilley, Oct 25, 2011.

1. I uploaded a Self exttracting Rar file and then did a search for it which resulted in a 'not found' response.

Further reading said any file will be removed if there is not a picture accompanying the file.

I tried again but then found there wasn't actually a method/link to uplaod a picture. So, I dropped a Jpg file into the text screen which then produced a a load of garble. DOH!

As an asside, while I accept a file will be deleted when sent without a picture I have yet to download a file that has a picture descriptor?

CAn someone help me out?

2. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

Ray, what file did you upload?
  3. It was a spreadsheet containing a race fuel & tyre wear calculator, Chris. I think the filename was ' Race Fuel Calculator'. I my have spelled it 'Calculater' too.

But, how do I post the picture in any case, Chris?

Cheers for your time, mate.

4. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher

Which section did you put it in? Btw, how to add image:

5. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Always upload files as a .rar or .zip file and in the appropriate subcategories. Uploading in a root will most likely in a removal of the file. When did you upload it?
  6. Hi Bram, thanks for your help.

Yes they were Rar'd. In each case there was no option but to select a category. Although my file is non specific when it comes to race game type I had to select a game type, non the less. I chose 'RACE Series'.

So, I am not sure what you meant by upload to 'root'? The only alternative to a category name is -------. And was not allowed, as you said.

During my second attempt I tried to look for a picture placement or browse button such as the one you show.
    The one that you outline is oddly enough in a download section? The only option I remember seeing was in the iconic menu list and was only a link to a picture location.

When it came to selecting the file to upload, was I/should I, have selected the file and a picture simultaneously?

Thanks for your time..

7. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher

In the initial upload, I think you have to place the picture as an attachment.
  8. OK, Chris, cheers..

It would make sense to do it that way.