HELP: unplayable frame drops, at a loss of how to fix

tylargh

twitch.tv/tylargh
I know this is a common problem, I read articles, tried the solutions, used the search, etc.

Here's an example of the problem:

SPECS:
980ti
i5 5670k
T300RS
Windows 10
Automobilista v0.9.6r

As mentioned above, I've tried the suggested solutions, including updating the "FB Skip Updates" parameter in controller.ini to higher values but nothing seems to work. Even with FFB effects off, it still stutters. In fact, the game will just reset the value I set back to 3....

I'm pretty bummed out about this, I really want to play this game. Any tips whatsoever? Thank you

EDIT: Fixed! The culprit was due to a sketchy windows install, likely bad drivers and registry issues. A fresh install of Windows 10 Home edition and everything is faster and more consistent than ever.

If you find yourself getting the same issues as me, and have gone through a number of upgrades since Windows 8, consider a fresh install of Windows 10. Honestly best performance increase per dollar I've ever given my PC.

Last edited:
It could be that as of late I have been getting a build up of more and more deadzone in my pedals. I have ordered a new loadcell off ebay. Hopefully once installed with the new drivers as you mentioned my fps crash will be a thing of the past! Fingers crossed.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.1%