1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Help! Trying to convert Max created tracks to rFactor.

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Ayce1955, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Hi, I'm fairly new to this new version of btb, but I did try the demo a couple of years ago, until now.
    I am the track designer for an upcoming mmorg, called Motor World Online. I have created a few track scenes in Max, and I'd like to convert them to rFactor for personal testing before inserting them into our engine. Up to now, I have used World Racing 2 as a test bed, because of the realistic simulation, but it does not have the ability to adjust car settings that rFactor does.
    I did build a simple dirt oval in btb and it works well enough in rFactor, so I decided to try importing one of my pre-made scenes. That was when I discovered the need for 3dsimed. I downloaded the demo, and followed the instructions as best I could, and now I can't progress. When I try to export to rFactor, I only get the GMT and MAS files, so I thought I'd try exporting to btb, then to rFactor from there.. Unfortunately, the export gps button is grayed out. This means I goofed something up. I've been searching for a couple of days now, to no avail, and now I'm lost. As I am using the demos for both, until I sort things out and decide if I want to continue using these tools, a quick reply would be helpful. I realize the problem has a simple solution, I just don't know the program well enough, or have enough time to warrant many days of trial and error.

Thanks for any assistance,
    R.B.Baxter, aka Ayce/Ayce1955

2. Thanks for the quick reply, Paul. I have those plugins already, but they cause a crashing issue with Max 2010 on exit, so I took them out.
    I'd still like to find out why the "export to gps" button won't work in 3DsimED, though. I'm beginning to think I need to export the road only to get the line for Bobs, then play with the elevations
    Another thought occurred to me. Could I bring the track in as an object in an xpack?