• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Help Times A Lot Slower With Tyre Wear and Fuel Load on

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by furney2, Nov 15, 2010.

1. furney2

furney2

Ratings:
    +0
    Can Beat The game easily without tyre wear and fuel loads on but when i turn them on the ai are fast in practice and qualify .
    Is it something im doing wrong

2. Dutch De Jong

Dutch De Jong

Ratings:
    +0
    No, its supposed to be like that.

- Tyre Wear: Wears your tires out, which gives you less grip = less speed = slower laptimes
    - Fuel load: Makes the car heavier = Slower speed = slower laptimes.

just practice a bit, maybe a better set (dont know what ur using) and laptimes will get better for you

3. Galis666

Galis666

Ratings:
    +0
    No It's nothing your doing wrong. It's the same for me. I drive with all aids off apart from tyre wear and set the AI to Legend.
    I can win most races with a Toro Rosso.

If I enable tyre wear then I drop down to mid level cars. There are a few tracks where I can still grab pole or end up on the 1st 2 rows but really depends on the tracks I'm best on.

I've just started a new career with everything off and find that I'm in a realistic position on the leaderboard.

4. furney2

furney2

Ratings:
    +0
    cheers glad to know im noy doing anything wrong . ican lap some ai on legend withtyre wear off

5. tappex

tappex

Ratings:
    +0
    Fuel simulation affects exclusively the player car, not the AI. Turning it on does not only make you slower (which is okay, see second post), but also gives you a huge disadvantage over the AI, as the AI always races with zero fuel on board. However, tyre wear seems to be simulated for the AI.

6. svice

svice

Ratings:
    +0
    That´s pretty sad. I was customizing the challenge rate of my game and this fuel sim really messed everything. I was on par with the AI on legend diff and tyre wear. But with fuel sim was frustrating...

7. Dutch De Jong

Dutch De Jong

Ratings:
    +0
    I never had any problems and always drive with fuel sim on, never drove without it