1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

HELP: Thrustmaster TX Servo Base arrived dead

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by MordeKyle, Sep 21, 2015.

1. I purchased a brand new Thrustmaster TX Servo Base from newegg.com and it arrived broken. I installed the software per the instructions, and updated the firmware per the instructions. The wheel does not work at all!! Newegg does not accept returns on this product, and thrustmaster has not responded to my tech support request for 3 weeks! I don't know what to do.

Here is what it does:

Anyone know what to do?

2. Lazarou

Lazarou
    Premium Member

I am not familiar with Newegg, how can they not accept returns?

Your computer obviously recognises the wheel, so it would seem there is a issue. Have you tried phoning Thrustmaster. I have managed to speak to someone on both occasions I needed help?

3. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

Newegg do have returns policies. But they have different ones for different products. Is it UK or other Newegg? In the UK the returns policy is usually valid 12 months under the Sales of Goods Act 1979. And you have even better protection under the Distance Sales Act now too.

4. I'm in the United States. So frustrated.

5. Lazarou

Lazarou
    Premium Member

Is that right then they can sell you a defective product that is faulty from new and then just say tough? That can't be right surely.

Here is the US phone number give them a call if US selling regs can't help.

(English) Mon - Fri: 09:00-20:00 Eastern Time
    (Spanish) Mon- Fri: 09:00-19:00 Eastern Time

6. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson

Just looked on the USA Newegg site and it does have a returns policy. Why wouldn't your TX have a valid return policy? Did you purchase it secondhand?

7. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson

In the UK the first 12 month warranty is covered by the retailer. Obviously different in the US of A.