1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Help setting up Server

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Daniel Higgins, Aug 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey, can anyone tell me simply how to host a race server in rfactor, I dont want anything fancy or automated, just something I can start, race my mates and then close again if I wanted to it doesnt need to be 24/7.

Ive tried opening everyport I could find to do with rfactor but still my games dont show in lobby.

Any help would be great,

Thanks
    Dan.

2. ok now ive got it so that other people can join but... I cant join it, keeps saying timed out for me.

3. Martin Bulgin

Martin Bulgin
    Premium Member

It might be a router setting Daniel, I had the same trouble when I tried a couple of years ago, I have a BT home hub and I had to turn something on or off called DMZ but it messed up my network in doing so, I dont bother anymore, if you look you can find loads of empty public servers you and a couple of mates can run on.

4. Hey Martin, thanks for actually replying. Ive tried everything so I think thats the only option left, either that or rent a server (depending on how much they are).

Thanks for reply
    Dan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.