• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Help setting up Server

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Daniel Higgins, Aug 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniel Higgins

Daniel Higgins

Ratings:
    +49
    Hey, can anyone tell me simply how to host a race server in rfactor, I dont want anything fancy or automated, just something I can start, race my mates and then close again if I wanted to it doesnt need to be 24/7.

Ive tried opening everyport I could find to do with rfactor but still my games dont show in lobby.

Any help would be great,

Thanks
    Dan.

2. Daniel Higgins

Daniel Higgins

Ratings:
    +49
    ok now ive got it so that other people can join but... I cant join it, keeps saying timed out for me.

3. Martin Bulgin

Martin Bulgin

Ratings:
    +174
    It might be a router setting Daniel, I had the same trouble when I tried a couple of years ago, I have a BT home hub and I had to turn something on or off called DMZ but it messed up my network in doing so, I dont bother anymore, if you look you can find loads of empty public servers you and a couple of mates can run on.

4. Daniel Higgins

Daniel Higgins

Ratings:
    +49
    Hey Martin, thanks for actually replying. Ive tried everything so I think thats the only option left, either that or rent a server (depending on how much they are).

Thanks for reply
    Dan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.