[HELP] Running a server with Windows 10 x64?

Isaac Chavira

Livery Designer
Hello Ladies & Gentlmen,

For close to a year now I have been trying to host a server for R3E. Everytime I try and join my own server it tells me I cannot. To be clear, I have tried all of the fixes online through web pages and throug YouTube.

It seems I am missing something. I am port forwarding all three ports that it asks for on my PC. I make sure the service is running before I even launch the SIM. And nothing appears to go as it should. I can select a car and a track but that is it.

I'd really love to become a 'Red Jacket' so I can start hosting races in my time zome (-8 GMT). It's been a dream of mine to host a an International Porsche GT3 Cup series and a KTM X-Bow series. And of course some 3hr Blancpain style races as well.

• So can anyone here tell me exactly step by step as if you were teaching a child on how to do this?

Thank you,

Isaac

I am port forwarding all three ports that it asks for on my PC.
But have you checked if the ports are truly open and accessible? Many ISP's run their own firewalls upstream from your router, so even though your configuration might seem correct, it will still be blocked by ISP. I can't host my own servers precisely for this reason - they will not be accessible from the outside, no matter how open do I set them on my router.

Last edited:
In case you run the server from the same account on the same computer on which you run R3E itself, you’re in for lots of trouble.

What I did to make it work is creating a second steam account and run the server on another computer. That’s the only way to get it really running well and flawless.

And indeed, also check your port forwarding in your router and check if your provider have limitations on ports.

I'm with Patrick on this one, get another account and another computer. I've never been able to join races using the same PC on which they're hosted, and it's a known issue for many people using R3E. None of the "fixes" work for me either, and it's not the ports.

Thanks boys, I will try this when I get home. If it works, I'd really like to become a Red Jacket.

I would become the Porsche GT3 Cup, KTM X-BOW, Blancpain and Multi-Class Endurance (WEC) race host in a US time-zone. I'd host my races Fri- Sat.

First order would be a 3hr WEC =o)

Thanks boys, I will try this when I get home. If it works, I'd really like to become a Red Jacket.

I would become the Porsche GT3 Cup, KTM X-BOW, Blancpain and Multi-Class Endurance (WEC) race host in a US time-zone. I'd host my races Fri- Sat.

First order would be a 3hr WEC =o)

You do that and I will find you. I love R3E but living on the US west coast it is hard to find servers during the night.

The game does not get enough love from the US and, to me, it is the best of the bunch.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.