• Home of the RD Le Mans Series by Vesaro
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help - Resolution not listed

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Spinelli, Jun 11, 2015.

1. I've been on my backup PC for the past couple weeks and I haven't been able to choose the correct resolution. 1920*1080 doesn't show up. I even tried new drivers (properly/fully uninstalled and installed) and it makes no difference. I always have to run at non-native resolutions and that also makes the GPU or monitor scale the image; scaling adds input lag.

The system is an AMD APU A-10 6700 w/no dedicated GPU.

I tried all sorts of stuff in the AMD graphics control panel as well. But everything is fine from that point of view as my desktop is running at native 1920*1080 (and no scaling). It's just Stock Car Extreme where I can't set it to the proper res.

I even tried running SCE and the config program in different Windows compatibility modes, in admin mode, and both. It didn't help. :(

2. hex

hex

Go to you config.ini file and try VideoMode=46 (however different sources says different values for 1920x1080 like "29" or "31") - mine is 46. Just give it a try.

3. I agree with hex. You should be able to force it with VideoMode=XX. I vaguely remember seeing a list of what each available VideoMode's number and corresponding resolution somewhere long ago, but can't seem to locate it now. Does anyone have a list of the various resolutions and their corresponding VideoMode number?

4. sweet trying right now, going online, will report back

5. video mode 46 says 1920*1080 according to my monitor's OSD once I'm in-game but that's only 60 Hz, I need either 100 Hz or 120 Hz.

Also, although the monitor says 1920x1080, it is displayed in a 4:3 ratio, and I have all scaling disabled.

What the heck!

EDIT: Just tried 29 and 31, they're all incorrect resolutions as well.