help needed

only had rfactor for a couple of weeks, and on almost all tracks using any car, they skid off the track under breaking,
is there anything I can do to stop this.
rfactor may be realistic, fun it ain`t.

Realistic.... no lol, it's not. There is supposed to be some close racing though :D

So, if your on a wheel, brake earlier, and with less force. If your on a Keyboard or controller, turn your Brake Pressure down in General Setup, and brake earlier. Changing your brake bias might help too.

o.k cheers.
I have rfactor / gt legends / f1 2010 / and of course gp4
and I find with rfactor and gt legends, can go flying past everyone only to lose it at the next bend.

Yeah, it's like racing on the moon lol, just go steady, about half pace till you get used to it, then build up. Ignore the speedo, it's so fake it's untrue, but mind your revs, engines let go on most mods :D

More so than some "sims" out there. if you fine tune stuff in rFactor it is actually really good. Why would F1 teams use it?

Remember, it is knocking on a bit :D

Yeah it is, but it's still like racing on the moon. And they didn't actually use rFactor for the team CFD data,Williams F1 and BMW used the game in a sim-cockpit to impress investors and paddock-pass folks, and then a couple of data points to compare yaw action (apparently... I believe they were comparing surface tension levels to their own :p). Some of the other teams now have sim-cockpits too, so if you have cash to spare, get on down to Silverstone this weekend and try one out, I wanna know what the motion is like on it :D

I should take a look at your brake pedal. Looks like its locked or something and is always on on.
Try to remap the brake pedal. Also just run a lap and then check the replay with swingcam view and look if your brake lights are on even on a straight.

I should take a look at your brake pedal. Looks like its locked or something and is always on on.
Try to remap the brake pedal. Also just run a lap and then check the replay with swingcam view and look if your brake lights are on even on a straight.

you were spot on, the trouble is my wheel does`nt work with F12010 unless I go into the registry and change the name of my wheel to one that F12010 recognises, but that in turn messes up other driving sims

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 328 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 287 13.5%