• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

*HELP* Needed with .rab files

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat Evolution' started by Marnesvs, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Marnesvs

Marnesvs

Ratings:
    +27
    Hi all, new to this forum. I have been editing car paint in NHE and found them easy to install with Unity Assets Bundle Extractor but I have a problem with the game crashing when I have edited certain .rab files. I have concluded it must be because its a size issue when the file is uncompressed.

Strange thing is it only happens when I edit DLC files or the 2017 data cupcars2016_4k.rab file, the edited graphics show up in the menu but the game crashes when I try to start a race.

Also I worked around this issue with my career by deleting all the other files in my sponsors primarysponsor_l1.rab file and reducing the size.

All modded files work with the 2016 data cupcars2016_4k.rab file, no issues.

Is there anyway to re-compress these files or another work around?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. OllyOlly

OllyOlly

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey dude, I can't help you unfortunately but I'm hoping you can help me

I can't figure out how to get my scheme to work in career, when I copy it in the car just shows as solid black, but when I put it over a car in cupcars2016_4k.rab it shows up fine, did this happen to you/do you know how to fix it?

3. Marnesvs

Marnesvs

Ratings:
    +27
    Hey, I'm not hundred percent sure why it shows up as all black.

The career car themes are located in the sponsors folder either under PC/Assetbundles or PC/Assetbundles/ 2017Data depending on which season you started your career in.

The file I edited was in primarysponsor_l1.rab since I had already received one sponsor which is Moog. The only problem is that the templates for the career cars are different than the templates used for the other cars so you can't just plug and play.

Another issue is that it reads the car number files from sharedassets35.assets in the NASCARHeatEvolution_Data folder so you either have to edit the number graphic there or you have to just make a blank and replace your chosen number in that file with it (which is what I did), the same goes for sponsors because it reads the car sponsors from the separate files in the sponsors folder.

I hope this helps you, if you don't understand something just ask and I'll reply when I can.