Help needed setting up a TGH server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I wonder if any of the admins could help me, I just got a gtr-evo server from http://www.thegamehoster.net/ and not a clue on how to set it up, TGH are not being very helpfull atm. :struggle:

They tell me that I can't controll the server on the fly and anything I need doing ie.. track change mod added ect! has to be done by them and I will have to wait 24hours, I've never had this with any other server company covering many other games?

I'm sure there was a way with *Remote Desktop Connection* as a member of my team used it for his race server with them.

I would be very greatfull for any help
Many thanks
Me :)

Hi Mat, there is a Remote Desktop way to administrate the server, but if you don't have any connection data I can't tell you how to do it more than go to "Remote Desktop" on windows, put the address, user and password there and join.

I will contact TGH and ask them what is happening, will come back to you as soon as possible.

Cya!.

Hi!

It's seems they are not setting up remote desktop for the small servers (your's is 6 slots right?) so they do the management via the support in this URL:

http://support.thegamehoster.net/

I understand that is not the best option and I told them, so if you feel it doesn't fit for you I think you should tell them via the support chat in the link above and ask for a better solution.

If you can't find a solution don't doubt in come back to me.

Cya!.

Thanks for all the help man, I've just got done talking to them, they are going to setup the remote desktop for us, seems others look liberties with the service so they pulled it down, But all should be golden now, was just a case of prooving we can be trusted, Not hard as all my members are in there 30's or near the age of death lol...

Once again thank you very much for all the help it's been appreciated :)

Thanks for all the help man, I've just got done talking to them, they are going to setup the remote desktop for us, seems others look liberties with the service so they pulled it down, But all should be golden now, was just a case of prooving we can be trusted, Not hard as all my members are in there 30's or near the age of death lol...

Once again thank you very much for all the help it's been appreciated :)

Thanks to you, TGH supported this series (STC) since the first day, imagine a Spanish guy mailing to a Dutch business and telling them he needs a free dedicated server to organise a championship offering promotion in exchange, 99.9% of companies will say no way... they just said YES, IMHO this says a lot of good things about the company, so I just try to help them as much as I can, and as simracer I know we need very dynamic management for our servers...

Glad you have remote desktop, that's a propper server now :)

Cya!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 199 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years