• "I've tried everything other than jumping out of a plane, but nothing gives you an adrenaline rush like racing a car." - Nigel Mansell
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Neded to sort/fix BTB crash

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Lee Knight, Nov 3, 2011.

  1. Lee Knight

    Lee Knight

    Messages:
    956
    Ratings:
    +242
    Gday guys, Im desperate for a fix here.
    For the second time in 2 weeks Ive imported Rural Australia Xpack into BTB, no problems.
    It's already in several other tracks Im working on.
    I can load it into a new project & use bits out of it & even Export a working track.
    BUT, the next time I try to open that project BTB crashed & says it's failed to find some grass textures of Rural Aus' Xpack.
    Ive tried re-installing said Xpack, still it crashes.
    Ive tried re-installing an earlier .bin file, with AND without removing said Xpack & still it crashes.
    Ive opened the Xpack & the files it's looking for appear to be there.....
    Does anyone have ANY idea as to what I can do here.
    Older projects with it already in there still load up, it's just new projects that it wont & this time I didn't even get to use anything out of it!
    Im going bald here & about to loose 18 hours worth of work- yeah, I failed to backup before importing said Xpack, more fool me!
    ANY help, PLEASE?
     
  2. Emery

    Emery

    Messages:
    982
    Ratings:
    +251
    Rename the existing .zip to .bak (to reserve the disk blocks that might be bad) and download a fresh copy.

    Although... it does sound like your .bin might be corrupt.
     
  3. Lee Knight

    Lee Knight

    Messages:
    956
    Ratings:
    +242
    Cheers for the tip Emery
    AND, problem solved too!
    It wasn't the .bin file that was corrupted but the Rural Australia Xpack in the main Xpack folder itself.
    I found another Rural Aus' Xpack, & only after I'd deleted both the .ZIP AND the Folder, then placed the new .ZIP in & Extracted it did it finally work!
    I then went & found the project from last week & again removing the Rural Aus' folder as well & replacing both it worked too....
    PHEW!
    Talk about relieved, that's 2 projects saved with the exact same cure!
    Im thinking an anti-virus session must have removed something....
     
  4. Emery

    Emery

    Messages:
    982
    Ratings:
    +251
    Time for a backup :cool: