Skins Help modding supra mkiv drift skin (photoshop)

please help me out, i feel im very close changing skin
the supra color doesnt change. It defaults to red ingame everytime, even if i change my skin to other colors
the order of my layers are
-wireframe
-AO
-custom layer Blackhood
-custom layer Red base

All i did was paint everything red, then painted black separately on blackhood layer. I tried following tutorials, they only say to create new layers, as i did.

the folder contains same files as default black mkiv drift, with exception, i deleted metal.dds and swapped body for what i made. please any ideas why its not working?

here is my workspace so far
supramkivDRIFT.png

Last edited:
I don't know how it's supposed to be on that car but, from what you said, it must follow the same process as other cars. I'll try to simplify it here. You have a couple ways to do so:
1 - Paint the general color in "metal.dds" file (or whatever it's called, I didn't go check). This will make the car all in that color. Easy and fast but no details.
OR
2 - Paint the general color in "metal.dds" (as in #1) and do the details on a different layer (stripes, text, etc.). Next, paint the exact same details in white on an Alpha channel. The white parts tell the game to use the details you painted, while the black parts tell the game to ignore it and use "metal.dds". This will make the car all in that color but still show the details. You can use different shades of grey (from black to white) for interesting effects.
OR
3 - Do ALL as #2 but paint the "metal.dds" in white. Next paint your color on a different layer (as you were doing).

Why #3: Avoids banding artifacts, specially with DDS compression (DXT1, DXT5) when 2 colors are near.

Hope I didn't confuse you too much^^

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 185 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing